PPMD Community

This meeting has been postponed, Northern California Parent DMD Discussion forum in Sacramento

Please read below the statement from PPMD,

"Because of such short timing, Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy and Dr. McDonald have decided to postpone the discussion forum previously scheduled for Saturday, March 28th. We are currently looking for dates in May to host a larger and even more in-depth meeting. PPMD is committed to bringing you the most complete and up to date information regarding Duchenne muscular dystrophy, and this meeting is no different. We are excited to gather in Northern California to discuss the issues surrounding the diagnosis of Duchenne and will keep you informed of the new date and time as it becomes available"

When: Saturday, 3/28/09
Where: Shriners Hospital, 2425 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA
Time: Tentatively, 10 am to 2pm

There will be a Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy Discussion forum at the Shriners auditorium. Please see the link below for information on Shriners hospital.

http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Northern_California/
Dr. Craig McDonald and Pat Furlong have collaborated to put this informal meeting together for our families.
Dr. McDonald directs the Sacramento Muscular Dystrophy Assoc. Neuromuscular disease clinic at UC Davis and Shriners. Pat is the President and Founder of Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy (PPMD). PPMD is one of the largest grass roots organization founded in 1994, working to unit parents, researchers, doctors to find a cure/treatment for duchenne muscular dystrophy. PPMD’s mission is to improve the treatment, quality of life and long term outlook for all individuals affected by Duchenne muscular dystrophy through research, education, advocacy and compassion
http://www.parentprojectmd.org/site/PageServer?pagename=nws_index
This invitation is for families to connect for duchenne muscular dystrophy.

Please watch for the official word from PPMD in the next couple of days. Details to follow. If you plan on attending please e-mail: Missy@parentprojectmd.org

Julie

Views: 63

Replies to This Discussion

I would love to attend, however living in the SF Bay Area makes travel difficult. Any way possible that we could arrange something for everyone is the Bay Area as well.

Thanks,"
Greg
Hi,

I believe Dr. McDonald has plans for another meeting coming up this summer. Pat, hopefully, will be able to make another trip again as well. I expect we will learn more about any future meetings and where they might on the 28th. Will keep you posted.
I will definately be attending and looking forward to finally meeting many of you.

RSS

© 2018   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service