Ambulatory

Members: 62
Latest Activity: Apr 23, 2012

Discussions

Scooters

Started by Lelia Ginder. Last reply by Lelia Ginder Aug 25, 2010. 4 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Ambulatory to add comments!

Comment by Paul Cliff on June 5, 2008 at 1:38pm
Kristi,

Alex is 9 and loved the daylights out of his scooter for awhile, but now he really needs to be convinced to use it on those activities where he'd otherwise be walking a lot. I think that it makes him very self conscious.
Comment by Susana Arroyo on June 4, 2008 at 5:24pm
Hello Just wanted to introduce myself: My name is susana, im 18 and i have dmd.
How old is everyone?
Comment by Kelvinsmom - Michelle on June 3, 2008 at 10:28pm
I just hope that this group grows and stays BIG in number. My brother will be a respiratory therapist at our MDC Camp in the Columbus, Ohio area starting this weekend. Of course, Kelvin is only 5 so he can't attend.
Comment by Kristi Powell on June 3, 2008 at 2:57pm
OK, I'm not in Kansas anymore!! This whole message board thingy and changes to the website are cooL, but I'm a little behind in the computer world...I must get it in gear!!

I just thought I would say a little somthing about abulatory since that is the board I'm on...my son ( whose lovly picture you see before you) is 10 and has done fairly well without needing much assistance in the wheelchair department...BUT..lots of activities this summer with Disneyland, YMCA field trips, Hot Humid Southern Summers, ect... has made me think he may need a little assistance. SOO, a few weeks ago, the MDA provided us with a nice looking wheelchair ( sporty looking) as a loaner. ( I am not willing to admit that we need to purchase one just yet, so loan away I am!) Anyway, introducing the thing to my son or me seeing it was not as easy as I thought it would be. When I came home and saw it in the living room, this whole thing became REAL! My son paid no attention to it at first, but later when little brother was interested in it, he got in it and brother pushed him around and they both started laughing. They eventually ended up outside and I tried to show him how to manuever it ect... well, I am not one to give instructions on the darn thing, so I sent it with him to the MDA camp and told the director that this year he has a little help and may need some " driving lessons". I will say this, I know that he does feel better having it because it relieves the pressure of "keeping up" ect. We talked about using it and that it's only for when he is truly tired or there is a lot of walking that is about to take place ( zoo ect). I will be interested in seeing what they teach him at camp, he comes home Friday....

Members (59)

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service