Hi everyone!  We are having to start our son Ben on Zantac but I am unsure of when to give it to him.  Is it only effective if given in the morning before breakfast and steriods?  Would it work as well if given before bed?  I only ask because I see that you have to wait 30-60  min. before eating and he usually eats breakfast first thing since we have to get my daughter to school in the mornings.  Thanks!

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jesssica......We were told to start our son on Zanac 75 last July....Dr Wong prescribed this because she felt he was overeating{ desire for lots of carbs} to compensate for the burning/indigestion symptoms.....I give it to him at night with his vitamins and it lasts all the next day.....I don't know why you're starting this for your son, but it seems to have helped Lucas. Good Luck!!!  Karen 
Hi Karen!  We are starting Ben on Zantac for the same reason.  We noticed that he kept telling us he was hungry even immediately following a meal.  We brought it up with Dr. Wong too and she told us to do the 75mg as well.  Thanks for your advice-we will try before bedtime!
My husband has a lot of problems with acid and indigestion and after trying Zantac etc., he turned to lemon water. The way it works is to fight acid with acid and it then levels itself out. We are big into doing everything as naturally as we can without relying on prescriptions to aide the side-effects.

Hi I was wondering if you are still orderin Idebenone from smart nutrition, is Joshua still taking it?

greetings

JP.

Joshua's mom said:

My husband has a lot of problems with acid and indigestion and after trying Zantac etc., he turned to lemon water. The way it works is to fight acid with acid and it then levels itself out. We are big into doing everything as naturally as we can without relying on prescriptions to aide the side-effects.
Yes we are still ordering Idebenone. I sent you a message on facebook in telling what the doctors have seen what the effects of it is and we now order it from Kirkman.
Our 19 yo son Jacob also is on an acid reducer with his pm meds.  In addition after many years of deflazacort he developed concentration issues from the long term corticosteroids and so he now takes his deflazacort also in the pm and it helps his ability to concentrate.  He is now a full time college student.

Karen flor said:
Hi Jesssica......We were told to start our son on Zanac 75 last July....Dr Wong prescribed this because she felt he was overeating{ desire for lots of carbs} to compensate for the burning/indigestion symptoms.....I give it to him at night with his vitamins and it lasts all the next day.....I don't know why you're starting this for your son, but it seems to have helped Lucas. Good Luck!!!  Karen 
hi cheri, did your son have only concentration side effect or other too like cataracts? did he always take deflaz? we'd probably be starting steriods for our 7 yr old in a month and we are very scared...

Hi Cheri,

It is really nice to know that Jacab is doing good and is full time college student.

Can you please let us know how long  he has been on deflazcort?

Thanks,

Amrit

Hi Amit,

As per Dr Wong, cataracts should not scare you. We need to monitor the eyes and if cataracts developed it can be easily removed. My 7yr old son has been on defazacort for 2yrs now. And we haven't really seen any side effects.

Thanks,

Amrit

Cheri Gunvalson said:

Our 19 yo son Jacob also is on an acid reducer with his pm meds.  In addition after many years of deflazacort he developed concentration issues from the long term corticosteroids and so he now takes his deflazacort also in the pm and it helps his ability to concentrate.  He is now a full time college student.

Karen flor said:
Jacob has been on deflazacort for 12 years. 

Amrit said:

Hi Cheri,

It is really nice to know that Jacab is doing good and is full time college student.

Can you please let us know how long  he has been on deflazcort?

Thanks,

Amrit

Hi Amit,

As per Dr Wong, cataracts should not scare you. We need to monitor the eyes and if cataracts developed it can be easily removed. My 7yr old son has been on defazacort for 2yrs now. And we haven't really seen any side effects.

Thanks,

Amrit

Cheri Gunvalson said:

Karen flor said:
hi naomi...i believe your son joshua was in the ace31 trial...can you update us on it?
Amit,
Joshua's neurologist keeps in touch with the Doctor running the trial in Calgary and she had told him Joshua is still on the list. We haven't been contacted by them since registration, but the list is/was bigger than they had anticipated.
thanks, naomi...keep us updated on this.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service