Hi Everyone!
Denver is one of my favorite places on earth and I so miss living there! I am excited about conference this summer in Denver and I hope you are too.
I know that many of us are bringing our families to conference and staying to either vacation or attend the Jumping for Jack Fundraiser on Monday (see Angela Knight if you don't know about that!) or both! So, I thought that on Sunday afternoon, it would be GREAT FUN if we could do a group white water rafting trip on Sunday after conference.
I have contacted a group that has wheelchair accessible ramps to the rafts that will do a 4 hour float down the Upper Colorado river for our group...whether ambulatory or not! It is level 1 and 2 rapids, so nothing TOO dangerous, but full of BEAUTIFUL scenery and some fun runs and rapids!!!
They have given me a quote with a 15% discount if we have a group of 30 or more. I am still ironing out the details, but it will be less than $45/person at this rate and I suppose could go down more if we have more than 50! The float will be from about 1-5 in the afternoon and you will have to drive yourself about 2 hours outside of Denver into the Mountains (MORE beautiful scenery!).
Are you interested? If so, respond here so I can have a preliminary count of those who are interested (no committments yet).
I have done one of these before and I can promise you, it is something you will NEVER forget!
So, my family makes the 1st 5 on the trip...who is next???
Of course, leave questions here too, and I will see about getting them answered. I am putting a link in for the company I have contacted, so you can see their site! www.coloradorafting.net

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Add 5 more for us!!!! I'm already so excited. I've always wanted to go rafting. Thank you for putting this together!!!
Count 4 of us in please =)
we would love to come, any ideas on what to do with the kids (ages 2, 8 and 11 ) during the conference? i have never brought them, but denver sounds fun. will there be museums and other attractions nearby the hotel for one of us to entertain the kids? what area of denver is the conference held? we would be flying in....handicapped van rental?? thanks for any answers, logistice are rough for us right now!
Those are all probably questions for PPMD. I THINK the hotel is downtown, that is usually where conference is..in downtown of the city we are in. As for what to do in Denver, there is a great zoo, natural history museum and I am sure a Childrens museum. There is a small theme park just outside of the city (about 30 minutes) that is nice with an alpine slide that 2 summers ago Seph could do by himself (chairlift to the top, slide down on the track)..he was 5 then and my older girls liked it as well. There is also good shopping downtown!

jenn said:
we would love to come, any ideas on what to do with the kids (ages 2, 8 and 11 ) during the conference? i have never brought them, but denver sounds fun. will there be museums and other attractions nearby the hotel for one of us to entertain the kids? what area of denver is the conference held? we would be flying in....handicapped van rental?? thanks for any answers, logistice are rough for us right now!
How do I regester for the conference? Cant find the page.
I dont think registration is open yet, should be soon!
Hi Lori,

Paul, the boys (2) and I would like to sign up for this. Sounds like great fun!! You are sweet for doing this, I bet all the boys will be thrilled!! So, please count us in by adding 4 to the group.
My husband and I would love to join in the fun. What a wonderful idea and way to relax after conference! Thanks for thinking of it.
add 4 more!
I want to come so bad, but I have to finish putting the Golf Tourney together and set up the silent auction that day! :( Heartbroken to not be joining you all in this!!! See ya' all tanned and tired the next day at The 7th Annual Jumping Jack for Ducenne MD Charity Golf Tournament!

http://www.egolftourney.com/jumpingjack

Ang :)
If you are planning on going white water rafting and have not heard from me on the details, please email me at loriware@gmail.com. We need to have our deposits in by Saturday to reserve our spots! We can add as many as we want at this point, so if you plans have changed since I first sent this out, email me and you can go too! The more the merrier!!!!

Thanks! Lori

Angela said:
I want to come so bad, but I have to finish putting the Golf Tourney together and set up the silent auction that day! :( Heartbroken to not be joining you all in this!!! See ya' all tanned and tired the next day at The 7th Annual Jumping Jack for Ducenne MD Charity Golf Tournament!

http://www.egolftourney.com/jumpingjack

Ang :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service