Does anyone know how long it takes for a 1/2 tablet (15mg) of deflazacort to dissolve/clear the stomach? Sam seems to have acquired a tummy bug. I'm trying to avoid IV pred, so I gave him his 1/2 tablet right after his last puke. He's currently laying on the couch playing his DS. I'm really hoping he can hold the med down long enough.

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh Laurie,

I am so sorry San is sick! I have no valuable input, just empathy for your situation. I hope he is feeling better very soon!

Ang :~(
Laurie,

do you have any fenegran? We use the cream...easier and more pleasant than the suppository and will calm nausea for a bit. When we had this issue, I rubbed the cream on, waited about 20-30 minutes (not too long as it will also help him sleep) and gave him the deflazacort. THen I prayed!!! If you can call your doc, they should prescribe you some and you can pick it up at CVS or Walgreens...they both carry the cream.

Good luck!!! Lori
I do have the cream here already. I gave him some, but he's puked again. He did keep the deflazacort down for over an hour. I'm calling us good on that front. I may give him more phenergan later.

Lori Ware said:
Laurie,

do you have any fenegran? We use the cream...easier and more pleasant than the suppository and will calm nausea for a bit. When we had this issue, I rubbed the cream on, waited about 20-30 minutes (not too long as it will also help him sleep) and gave him the deflazacort. THen I prayed!!! If you can call your doc, they should prescribe you some and you can pick it up at CVS or Walgreens...they both carry the cream.

Good luck!!! Lori
i would think an hour is more than long enough!!!

Laurie Paschal said:
I do have the cream here already. I gave him some, but he's puked again. He did keep the deflazacort down for over an hour. I'm calling us good on that front. I may give him more phenergan later.

Lori Ware said:
Laurie,

do you have any fenegran? We use the cream...easier and more pleasant than the suppository and will calm nausea for a bit. When we had this issue, I rubbed the cream on, waited about 20-30 minutes (not too long as it will also help him sleep) and gave him the deflazacort. THen I prayed!!! If you can call your doc, they should prescribe you some and you can pick it up at CVS or Walgreens...they both carry the cream.

Good luck!!! Lori
Hi Lori,
can you get the pharmacy name and number for our Pharmacist. she said she would make it for us and our ped said she would perscribe but they need a recipe for it. huh, who knew!!!
Jenny

Laurie,
I feel your pain! Danny has been on the couch all day. only threw up 2 times but 2 times too many. One hour is definetly sufficient, rule of thumb is 20 min.



Lori Ware said:
i would think an hour is more than long enough!!!

Laurie Paschal said:
I do have the cream here already. I gave him some, but he's puked again. He did keep the deflazacort down for over an hour. I'm calling us good on that front. I may give him more phenergan later.

Lori Ware said:
Laurie,

do you have any fenegran? We use the cream...easier and more pleasant than the suppository and will calm nausea for a bit. When we had this issue, I rubbed the cream on, waited about 20-30 minutes (not too long as it will also help him sleep) and gave him the deflazacort. THen I prayed!!! If you can call your doc, they should prescribe you some and you can pick it up at CVS or Walgreens...they both carry the cream.

Good luck!!! Lori
We were told if the meds stayed in for 30min, then there was no need to worry!

--Samantha

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service