Our family is planning on attending The Conference this summer in Colorado.  We then plan on vacationing for about 10 or 11 days before going to Tabor South Dakota for a 7 day long boyscout camp. We will be driving.  Our son is 16 and will be 17 in the fall. Brandon is in a Power Wheelchair.

I'm looking for accessible point of interest and fun places to go for  the 10 - 11 days.  Would love to see Jackson hole, Grand Tetons, Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone park.   Any thing else that some one can suggest we would be grateful.  Where would be a great place to be for the 4th of July? 

Travel Accomodations Acessible rooms along the way.  

Vendor for Power Chair in the event of an emergency. 

Accessible vans in case ours breaks down. 

Personal Care assistants along the.  We will pay.   

thank you Yolanda

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have planned an accessible white water rafting trip (level 1 and 2 rapids) the sunday after conference just outside of Denver. It is about $45/person and will take the better part of the afternoon to do. Should be great fun!!! Let me know if you would like to do that with us....
Try some of the National Parks in southern Utah (Zion, Bryce, Arches). There's some great stuff to see there, plus if you have an Access Pass, you can enter any national park for free. If you don't have an Access Pass, don't worry. You can get one when entering any of the parks. Duchenne sucks, but it does have its benefits sometimes.
Don't forget Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs just about 45 min from Denver. Garden of the Gods is a drive through and/or get out and hike. Beautiful any way it goes!!

Jerry Dallapè said:
Try some of the National Parks in southern Utah (Zion, Bryce, Arches). There's some great stuff to see there, plus if you have an Access Pass, you can enter any national park for free. If you don't have an Access Pass, don't worry. You can get one when entering any of the parks. Duchenne sucks, but it does have its benefits sometimes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service