My 5 year old can't yet swallow pills and I thought I found the perfect calium plus Vit D product.  Life Force chocolate liquid calcium,but he hates it!!!

How do the rest of you give calcium?  Thanks!

Views: 386

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My son Francis, age 11, has been taking Adora calcium supplement. Come ins milk chocolate & dark chocolate wafers, 500 mg., also has vitamin D-100 IU, vitamin K-40 mcg., per wafer. I was giving him 4 of those which came to 2,000 mg, which is the dose his doctor recommends. Only now he does not like them anymore I seem to be down to only 500 mg. I am about ready to pull my hair out. Sorry, just needed to vent. I will try some of the products that I have read from all of you & give them a try, I'm not giving up. He also takes 1000 mg of vitamin D3. Just thought someone might benefit knowing about the Adora Calcim supplement. If your son likes chocolate he might like eating these. Good luck everyone, we are not alone in this problem.
Hi Tonya. First, saw the article on your foundation in The Cabinet Press. Congratulations! What lab are you funding?

Secondly, for Jake's pills, we grind them up together in a pill crusher (from CVS, Shaws, etc) to a powder, then mix them with his liquid vitamin D (berry or cherry flavored selections from Whole Foods store) supplement (about 3 teaspoons) till dissolved. Goes down with no problem. Kinda like a shot of KoolAid :-) Jake is 5 too.

We've hidden them in yogurt and pudding, but he's a hawk examining his food and usually spots them to pick them out. The liquid approach sidesteps that issue.
We use the chocolate or caramel chewable ones (when he will agree to them), or the calcium gummies.
Tums is a good idea, too. Maybe I'll try that. Or the fruit flavored ones.
Seph chews a TUMS 1000mg calcium.

Jeni Ward said:
We use the chocolate or caramel chewable ones (when he will agree to them), or the calcium gummies.
Tums is a good idea, too. Maybe I'll try that. Or the fruit flavored ones.
I think Citracal has a petite caplet. But we use Puritan Pride's liquid cal/mag/d in orange or blueberry flavor. I like the ratio of magnesium to calcium.

Ann Avery said:
My son is an adult who cannot swallow those huge calcium pills. Does anyone know of a smaller calciuim pill?
A gummy anything would be lethal at his age, but I can give liquid anything into his feeding port directly into his stomach. Tums are too "chalky" with a bitter aftertaste. I bought a powder form which I could dilute and put through the Mic-key port, so that is what I do for now. It is actually a fizzy lemon flavored drink which I haveto let go flat as carbonation is not tolerated. The formula we use has 25% of his calcium daily requirements. I have not been too worried since he never took steroids and has never broken a bone, but reading all this makes me think I should give him extra calcium. I will ask his doctor of course, but I really would love to find a form of calcium in pill form that is easy for him to swallow.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service