Hi all,

Just a quick note to remind everyone to make contact with congress to get support for NIH and CDC funding. We have a letter circulating the House and Senate for this support. We need it for our families. I believe this Friday, 4/17/09 is the last day for House members to sign on and we have a short time for Senators after this.

We need to call local offices, DC and send e-mails. Let’s hit them hard and get the support we need.

For more information please see the link below:

https://secure2.convio.net/ppmd/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&...

You can also call Ryan at PPMD for questions and concern.

I know it is difficult to make the contact but if you can please do so. Many can not make the contact for various reasons so for those of us who are able to make contact please do it not only for your child but all our children.

I am making my contacts again today and the rest of this week. I am copying friends in district of the members I make contact. Find a way to reach out to as many as you can. Let’s educate and raise awareness!

All the best!

Julie

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the reminder Julie. I've made initial contact but need to follow up.
Thanks Anita! Your support is so very important. Some families are not able to make the contact so for those of us who are able to do so we really need to push. Hope all is well!
All,

If you or anyone you know is in the 7th District in California, Congressman George Miller's district he will be at the following places:

Vacaville Town Meeting
Tuesday, April 14
7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Travis Credit Union
1 Travis Way, Vacaville

Pittsburg Town Meeting
Wednesday, April 15
7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Pittsburg Senior Center
300 Presidio Ln, Pittsburg

I realize this is short notice but if you can make it that would be great! If not please call his local office or DC office. I have placed two calls into the DC office and have not heard back. He has a new Health L.A. and I am not familiar with her as I was with PJ. Rep Miller has supported our letters for the past couple of years. I hope to make the Vacaville meeting tonight.

Thanks all!

Julie
All,

We need to hit it hard and get our senators to sign the letter PPMD has cirulating the senate. We have a limited time so please when you get a free moment, call and have our voices, our children's voices heard!

All the best everyone!
Hi!

How is everyone doing with their calls? We need to hit it hard. Let us know how it is going out there!

All the best everyone!
Well, tomorrow, Wed, 5/06 is the last day for the Senators to sign on. I can tell you calling the California Senators was a challenge today but eventually you can get thru to someone. You just have to be persistent. I plan to call back and follow up tomorrow. I basically, left messages for the Health aids.

Good luck all!
Hey all! We have until this Friday! That is great news. How is everyone doing?

All the best!
Hey all, just checking in again. I have called both California Senators office and left a message with their staff and had the message left on the Legislative Health aids recording today, yesterday, etc. If we all take a minute to call the local offices and call DC we can get support from our Senators in the United States. We just need to thank them for prior support if they provided it. We need to remind them if they signed the re-authorization of the MD Care Act (Wellstone MD Care Act) in September of last year this is an important letter to help support this act.

Their support will continue to give our families hope. We really need their help to push for standards of care, treatment and a cure.

Please take a moment if you can to call today. Call not only for your family and child but those who are unable to do so. I will be calling back until I am given an answer. I know both California Senators have given their past support and we need to keep their suppport.

All the best!

Julie
All,

Just want to give an update, Senator Feinstein has agreed as of this morning to sign on to the letter again this year! Please thank her and keep pushing for Senator Boxer now and all the other Senators out there! We need to show the re-authorization of the Wellstone MD Care bill counts!!!!

All the best!

Juile
Great job with the reminders. I caledl both CA senators offices before but called Boxer again this morning. Still dont know if Boxer will sign on.
Carrie
Julie Garcia said:
All,

Just want to give an update, Senator Feinstein has agreed as of this morning to sign on to the letter again this year! Please thank her and keep pushing for Senator Boxer now and all the other Senators out there! We need to show the re-authorization of the Wellstone MD Care bill counts!!!!

All the best!

Juile
Thanks Carrie! It is our calls, each of us, that help to get the support we need for our children. We can not do this alone but together we can help push and let them know how important this is so we get their support!

I sent a thank you note to Senator Feinstein's office yesterday and I e-mailed Senator Boxer's office and left messages yesterday. I have already called and left a message for Senator Boxer's office but no word yet. Senator Boxer has always in the past signed on but until we get a sign on we don't know. So, we need to hit the phone lines hard. If you can not call the DC office, please call the local offices and let them know! Do it for your child and all the children whose families can not make calls because they are too tired from all the every day living, emotionally drained.

We can do this, together!

All the best!

Julie

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service