Hi,
My kid started Prednisone about 3 months back. The doctor has not given any Vitamin D or calcium suppliments. In many messages i see that kids are having very high dosages of Calcium and Vitamin D suppliments.

Is this on a case to case basis or our Doctor has screwed up by not subscribing the suppliments.

Thanks
Tulika

Views: 203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tulika,
My grandson, Michael, started on Prednisone about a year ago and the doctor suggested he take 1 TUMS per day for calcium to help with potential osteoporosis with long-term Prednisone use. I am a carrier as are my two daughters and two granddaughters. I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Osteoarthristis and compromised auto immune disease.

I was ultimately seen at the Institute of Restorative Health (IRH) in Davis, CA. After seeing a Neurologist, Dr. Eric Hassid and Naturopath, Marco Vespignani, ND, I am amazed how much feeling better I feel. I was low in Vit D, B12 Cal/Mag and some others. I have changed my eating to completely natural and organic and take some supplements for cellular rejuvenation. I am going to try to get my grandson to be referred to IRH, but his insurance carrier won't cover it so far. IRH sees a lot of folks with MS, Diabetes, Parkinsons and several other type of disease.

I stared wondering if our children with DMD shouldn't be seeing someone about enviornmental toxins (just from everyday breathing and eating, meds, etc.) to determine if there are consistent high or low levels. For example, IRH has information and criteria for certain blood tests they order that my regular doctor had never even heard of before. In addition, there is a urine test which is expensive ($100), but it tests all levels of toxins imaginable. Dr. Eric Hassid at the IRH has ordered this test for me and I can afford it next month. I would like to have Michael have this test.

This is not an advertisement, nor do I have any financial involvement or gain in my discussions about IRH. What I do know is that they have saved my life and I am just wondering if this type of health clinic would somehow help our boys progress slower, be healthier, happier, help with behavioral and weight issues and help carriers of DMD. Perhaps there are other clinics similar to the one I go to and if it helps only one child, it's worth it.

Here is the website for more information. 4irh.com

If any questions, don't hesitate to email.
Cathie

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2022   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service