Anyone had success in getting an in-district meeting scheduled with their House member?

I've heard nothing so far, after 3 emails and 2 phone calls.

I wonder if the poor reception that some Members are getting at Town Hall meetings over health care reform has others reluctant to meet with constituents. My Congressman has no public meetings scheduled at all, and this is far from a hostile environment for him.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I met with my congressman tonight and it was great! He is so interested that he is having his healthcare staffer meet with me when she is in town so that we can all be the same page about this critical issue. I am thrilled with his response! Hope yours comes around!!
Lori - that is awesome!

If I looked it up right, your rep is Rodney Alexander. It'd be fantastic to win his support for our cause. I see on the House scorecard he's never cosponsored or signed on to the appropriations letter.

Alexander is a Republican on the House Appropriations Committee, and the Subcommitte for Labor, Health and Human Services. There's only 17 Congressmen on that subcommittee, and only 6 Republicans - and they have a very large voice in determining NIH's budget. That subcommittee helped our cause immensely in the FY2010 budget.

I'm really excited that you had a good meeting with him. He's in a key position. Put up a post, or send me a PM or a note on Facebook when you have your next meeting with his staffer. I'm really interested in how things go from here.

A positive face to face meeting for a PPMD parent with an HHS Appropriations Member! Totally awesome. You made my day.
Yes, Keith, it is Rodney Alexander. I had spoken with him before and he has always been supportive, just not real knowledgeable. Since he is on approp's committee, he does not sign or cosponsor letters as it is ...as he put it "an ego thing for the chairman of the committee"! I knew this going in about him. But, he is now willing to be a vocal supporter for us and encourage others in the LA legislation as well as others in congress to sign on! So, I doubt we will see him sign on, but we know he is working in the background.

I will let you know how the meeting with the staffer goes. I feel like it will be educational for her, so that she can speak positively about DMD and the legislation that comes up for it. I don't think I have to convince her about anything! The congressman telling her to have dinner with us has done that! :)

Keith Van Houten said:
Lori - that is awesome!

If I looked it up right, your rep is Rodney Alexander. It'd be fantastic to win his support for our cause. I see on the House scorecard he's never cosponsored or signed on to the appropriations letter.

Alexander is a Republican on the House Appropriations Committee, and the Subcommitte for Labor, Health and Human Services. There's only 17 Congressmen on that subcommittee, and only 6 Republicans - and they have a very large voice in determining NIH's budget. That subcommittee helped our cause immensely in the FY2010 budget.

I'm really excited that you had a good meeting with him. He's in a key position. Put up a post, or send me a PM or a note on Facebook when you have your next meeting with his staffer. I'm really interested in how things go from here.

A positive face to face meeting for a PPMD parent with an HHS Appropriations Member! Totally awesome. You made my day.
I couldn't get a meeting with Patrick Murphy either but his health aide did respond and supposedly his "right hand man" is going to meet with me when he gets back from vacation 08/17. I know that we were supposed to only meet with the congressman so I'm not sure if they will want me to go ahead with the meeting. Still waiting to hear from someone?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service