Hi Guys,
I work part time during the first half of the day and my son is 5.5 and goes to day care from 8.30-12. since it is summer they are spending lot of the time out playing and running and i am getting concerned about it.
I just wanted to find if we have better options for our sons. Since we dont have family here in US, i dont know where to send my son. Are they any insitutes/camps that would engange in activities more apporopiate for our sons? Any ideas please i would really appreciate?
Thanks,
Amrit

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Amrit:

I know that my daughter enrolls Jacob into one week camps for 1/2 days for things such as robot making camp, space study camp, potions and magic camp, horseback riding, one where they disected sharks and these types of things where they don't run around and carry on. If you look at what the Township or Community has to offer you might see some things your son would like to do.
we have signed dylan up for art and cooking camp tow years in a row and he enjoys it. An alternative is to ask the daycare to set up some outside but more dmd friendly activities, playing in the sand box, water tables, building, crafts etc
Thanks for wonderful suggestions.
Carrie
Can you please send name of the institute where Dylan goes for art and cooking. We live in Cleveland, OH and hopefully i should be able to find such dmd friendly camps here too. Until now i have only heard of camps like siwimming and lot of outdoor activities.
Thanks again,
Amrit
The website for the camp is http://childrensartsinstitute.com/
I dont se that they have any outside of california, but may be able to help you identify one. good luck

Amrit said:
Thanks for wonderful suggestions.
Carrie Can you please send name of the institute where Dylan goes for art and cooking. We live in Cleveland, OH and hopefully i should be able to find such dmd friendly camps here too. Until now i have only heard of camps like siwimming and lot of outdoor activities. Thanks again,
Amrit
I know our local YMCA has some non-active summer camps here in CA, such as Mad Robots, Legos, art, cooking and chess. Also, Science Adventures does programs at our local parks. You can check there website and see if they provide one in your area. My son has done a few of them and really enjoyed them. I spoke to the company and instructor about his needs. All went well. Google science adventures....

Good luck.
Thanks a alot. I thought summer camps was only baseball , soccer etc...
I am so happy to know that there are activitives in summer camps for our sons to enjoy too.
Thanks every one.
Amrit

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service