Hello all,

Please go to this You Tube video (address below) and watch the video on DMD treatment.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SouthTxInnovativeMed#p/u

Has anyone heard about this? We're not familiar with it, and was wondering what others may know.

Thanks,

Dave

Alex - 10 1/2

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The video does look great...maybe too good to be true. My concerns are twofold: First, it's unclear what the treatment it is. There is very little science here. Second, we have heard nothing about it previously. If this was legit, it would warrant major press.
Thanks, Steve. I agree. Very skeptical. My further research into this treatment and doctor indicate that this is a pain management treatment center in Corpus Christi, TX. The technology is merely electrodes strapped to the body. Nothing really specific to DMD. The doctor's claim to published literature are false, as the journal he referenced has no record of this "research." Why he chose to use DMD to promote himself is very disheartening.

Thanks again.

Dave

Steve Dreher said:
The video does look great...maybe too good to be true. My concerns are twofold: First, it's unclear what the treatment it is. There is very little science here. Second, we have heard nothing about it previously. If this was legit, it would warrant major press.
Love the candid and honest feedback, Laurie! In line with my gut feelings. Thanks.

P.S. I would be very interested to learn why he chose DMD as a focus for his treatment technology. If truly no benefit, THAT is what is so disheartening. Does he even know about DMD, or is he using it just for his perceived gain.
Hi All,

In spite of my skepticism, I did want to hope, so I emailed some questions about the treatment but have received nothing but testimonials in response.

I think "disheartening" is too kind. If this guy is, in fact, a huckster preying on the vulnerabilities of DMD families, I'm not even sure what to say (actually, I think of a few things, but I wouldn't want to post them).

Let's hope that he at least believes in what he is doing...

Dave Click said:
Love the candid and honest feedback, Laurie! In line with my gut feelings. Thanks.

P.S. I would be very interested to learn why he chose DMD as a focus for his treatment technology. If truly no benefit, THAT is what is so disheartening. Does he even know about DMD, or is he using it just for his perceived gain.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service