I just found out that a threat was made on Bradley's life at school last week. Bradley (age 13) was was walking down the hall Wed. morning before the first bell of the day. Another boy came up from behind him and said, "Bradley I am going to kill you." He then dug his finger into his jugular vein in the neck and pulled really hard and said, "See Bradley, I can really kill you if I wanted to."

I was out of town on a 2 day conference when this happened. When I got home everyone was at church and the rest of the night was hectic so he forgot to tell me about it. He did tell his dad and he (Tom) insisted that he tell someone the next day.

Another student (sophomore) went with Bradley to the school counselor. Later that day, my daughter, Stephanie saw the intern student counselor walking with the boy in the hallway. She assumed he was being taken to the guidance counselor's office to talk about the incident.

Thursday night, I went to Parent Teacher conferences to pick up report cards for both of my children and saw both the Counselor and Intern student and nothing was said. You would think they would let a parent know about this incident but maybe they assumed Bradley has already told me.

It just so happened that I overheard Bradley talking to Stephanie about the incident and how he was glad he went and talked to someone about the incident. I talked to Bradley and he said he was still scared. He said, he didn't think it was fair that he had to worry about getting hurt at school. He said, "Mom, I go to school to learn, not to be hurt by others."

I asked Bradley what happened with this boy before the incident. This boy is in Study Hall with Bradley. On Tuesday, he was talking to Bradley and Bradley told him, "Please be quiet, I'm trying to work." Then the boy buried his head in his arms on top of his desk for the rest of the study hall. This is the last session of the day.

Maybe I am over-reacting but I am very uneasy about this. I think this is a very serious threat....and it bothers me that the school Counselor did not mention it to me Thursday night.

Views: 804

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Any word on the other camera views? I got chills reading your account of what happened. I certainly hope the school does everything they can to ensure this troubled kid doesn't hurt Bradley or anyone else!!!!
Veronica,
Bradley said, the principal told him yesterday that he didn't see anything more than the boy's hand reaching over Bradley's shoulder from the back so I assumed he viewed the other video tapes. Bradley told me, "Mom, I know what I felt and I know what he did." I don't know if the principal was incinuating that it didn't happen or that he cannot prove it happened. I'm wondering if there were other students walking in front of Bradley and the boy when this happened so they are not able to see what happened. I was very disappointed when Bradley told me what the principal said.

I do know that the principal has his eyes on the boy. My daughter saw him watching the other boy in the hallway and he had a very serious look on his face. I also know they moved the boy away from Bradley in study hall.

On Monday, the principal was not in the office when I went in so I talked to him by phone around the middle of the morning. I found out Monday evening that the boy kicked Bradley's rolling backpack while he was walking in the hallway Monday morning before the first bell. Some of Bradley's classmates saw this and said, "Don't kick Bradley's backpack!" This happened before I talked to the principal, though.

My Preacher's Wife is a teacher in another nearby school district and she told me the principal may not be able to share the results of the video investigation with me because it involves information about another child....but he could share information about my child. I guess I could call the school tomorrow and ask him if he believes Bradley is telling the truth. A Mom usually has a good idea about whether her child is telling the truth and I certainly believe he is telling me the truth. He would not make this up and to me just seeing the boy's hand on Bradley's shoulder is enough evidence for me to know he physically bullied Bradley.

I told Bradley to make sure he is with someone at all times in that school and not to be alone anywhere. I haven't checked much into defense classes yet. I need to call the police dept. I saw some things online but there was nothing local specifically for disabled kids. Chicago was the closest I think and we are about 6-7 hours away.
The odds that Brady lied are 0. The other videos may not be at the correct angle for him to confirm what Brady said. You would know by this point in his life if Brady was the kind of child who lied. Ask the principal to put in writing what he plans to do to keep Brady safe, I don't know what State you live in, but I am sure there is an ARC. Call them and let them know what is happening. If they cannot help, call the national ARC. The Obama administration just sent out letters to school districts across the country telling them they will lose federal funding if they do not protect other students from bullies. Brady is part of a special protected class. Remind the principal of that or have the police do it for you (a uniform has a strange and wonderful effect on even school administrators). If you are not happy with what is going on with this incident, email or write a letter to the immediate supervisor of your principle in your district. Don't be shy. Brady is learning how to handle this kind of thing from what you are doing. I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. We can all learn from your experience.
you need to go back to prenceable and play the going to he police card i dont know what state your in but if this boy has any record at all this threating to kill is considered touristic stuff in ind and i would guess 50 % or better goes federal in indiana there was one in a town not fare from me the kid was only 11 years old and it went fed i dont know what his record was like but i know they dont mess around here with that and take your cell with you and call the police right there in his office to
We are in Illinois by the way.
I spoke to the principal this morning. He said he could not see what happened in the video other than the boy's hand going up over his shoulder. He said this does not mean he doesn't think it happened. He said he trusted Bradley was telling the truth. He also commented that Bradley was a good student and good kid. Bradley told me he has not had anymore interactions with the boy since the back pack incident, so I am just hoping he knows he is being watched.
Hi Lisa - You are not over reacting. Our son has a kid in his class that threatened the whole class! My husband went and talked to the Principal. There are procedures - for safety - in our state. In such an instance, there are in depth steps that the school must go through to investigate and come to a conclusion. The student can be suspended. The school district must provide a safe place for all students to learn. I would look to see if your school had the same procedures in place. I bet they do. Hold them accountable. Hey - maybe your son should have a service dog at school to keep him safe too. Don't let this incident go by the way side. Document it with all details and send a copy via email to the school. If they can't resolve it, go to higher ups. Bradley nor you deserve this. Char Burke
Ohhh!!! How I wish I could be invisible at times because I would be in his face pulling on his jugular threatening his life, telling him I'm always watching him. Then I would do it to his parents because usually that is where that behavior stems from. My daughter got bullied by girls over a swing set repeatedly. My wife picked her up early one day when they were on the playground went over and with great composure told the girls that she knew everything and that she will be watching them closely and gave them that evil eye. From then on they were very polite with my daughter. Sometimes kids needs discipline of some sort because they don't get it at home. But our society is so screwed up over what is abuse and what is needed that violence has entered our schools because teachers and principles are bullied by parents and lawyers to avoid punishment of any kind. What do you expect? I say back to rulers and paddles in the classroom, or as my parents explained kneeling in course sand for an hour. Kids were much more respectful.
I agree that students had a lot more respect for authority back in those days. I am sure the principal did talk to the boy and his parents. The brother of the boy is a friend of my daughter's. He told her that he got in trouble for the incident because it was his fault his little brother did that to Bradley. Isn't that crazy! Before I heard about this, my daughter had told me the home life was not very good according to the older brother. But the good news is that nothing more has happened since I talked to the principal about the incident. Hopefully, the boy has a little fear knowing there are cameras in the school.

(The kicking of Bradley's backpack incident happened before the principal and I talked).

MarcosDad said:
Ohhh!!! How I wish I could be invisible at times because I would be in his face pulling on his jugular threatening his life, telling him I'm always watching him. Then I would do it to his parents because usually that is where that behavior stems from. My daughter got bullied by girls over a swing set repeatedly. My wife picked her up early one day when they were on the playground went over and with great composure told the girls that she knew everything and that she will be watching them closely and gave them that evil eye. From then on they were very polite with my daughter. Sometimes kids needs discipline of some sort because they don't get it at home. But our society is so screwed up over what is abuse and what is needed that violence has entered our schools because teachers and principles are bullied by parents and lawyers to avoid punishment of any kind. What do you expect? I say back to rulers and paddles in the classroom, or as my parents explained kneeling in course sand for an hour. Kids were much more respectful.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service