Hi--Just wanted to introduce myself.  I joined PPMD in January as the Research and Advocacy Director after 11 years at MDA running their translational research and drug development programs.  At PPMD I'll be further developing work with drug companies, reviewing and growing the main research program and participating in advocacy intiatives.  I will also try to jump in as much as possible to answer questions about research and track down information about new treatments/therapies that anyone hears about.  One of my first projects along this line is to get to the bottom of this stem cell report from Costa Rica.  If anyone posts something that needs a response from me and you don't hear from me, you can always send me a nudge at sharon@parentprojectmd.org.  I'm really excited about the chance to focus exclusively on Duchenne and am looking forward to hearing from all of you.

 

Best Wishes,

Sharon Hesterlee

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HI Bob:

Just wanted to you to know that I'm not ignoring your followup--just looking for the protocol in my files so that I can answer your specific questions about how the six minute timed walk is conducted.

Sharon

Sharon Hesterlee said:
Hi Bob:

The six minute timed walk can be used in any phase of clinical testing, but will probably be required in phase III. It's a way to measure strength and endurance by looking at how far the guys can walk in six minutes.



bob koch said:
I am a bit confused. Could you please explain to me exactly how the 6 min walk test is conducted and in what phase's if any.
I appreciate your willingness to dig up the information as it seems that many are inclined to depend upon the 6 MWT to gauge effectiveness.

Thus It seems that we should all have a good understanding of the full specifics of the protocol.


Sharon Hesterlee said:
HI Bob:

Just wanted to you to know that I'm not ignoring your followup--just looking for the protocol in my files so that I can answer your specific questions about how the six minute timed walk is conducted.

Sharon

Sharon Hesterlee said:
Is there anything I could do which would assist you?
Hi Bob:

The six minute timed walk can be used in any phase of clinical testing, but will probably be required in phase III. It's a way to measure strength and endurance by looking at how far the guys can walk in six minutes.



bob koch said:
I am a bit confused. Could you please explain to me exactly how the 6 min walk test is conducted and in what phase's if any.
I promise this hasn't fallen off my radar--I've written Craig McDonald for the protocol, but will see if Ted Abresch, also in his group, could send it. I know that the whole thing is conducted pretty carefully down to when during the clinic visit the six minute walk should be peformed, to what the staff are allowed to say to "encourage" the boys, to how the course is taped off etc. because all of these things can make a difference.



bob koch said:


Sharon Hesterlee said:
HI Bob:

Just wanted to you to know that I'm not ignoring your followup--just looking for the protocol in my files so that I can answer your specific questions about how the six minute timed walk is conducted.

Sharon

Sharon Hesterlee said:
Is there anything I could do which would assist you?
Hi Bob:

The six minute timed walk can be used in any phase of clinical testing, but will probably be required in phase III. It's a way to measure strength and endurance by looking at how far the guys can walk in six minutes.



bob koch said:
I am a bit confused. Could you please explain to me exactly how the 6 min walk test is conducted and in what phase's if any.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service