Raising money during tandem 5k/10k runs (Northern California)

My son has made friends who run in 5k/10k races locally. They love to invite him along and push him during the race. Everyone enjoys it. Attached picture says it all.

I feel we could easily raise money for PPMD during these events, but how? Runs for Our Sons is only for specific races. But, I don't have the time or energy to stage a whole race...there are dozens or races to choose from in Northern CA already!

Is there any middle-ground? Any program where folks can sponsor the runners by kilometer regardless of the race they run?

-David

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is the photo of last weekend's Davis Stampede. Joe finished 328th out of 819 in the 5!

Attachments:

Hi David,

Thank you for your interest in Run For Our Sons! People can always sign up for a local race on their own and set up a fundraising page on our website. Click here to set up a page and get started. If you have multiple people interested in running together they can set up a team and fundraise together. We'll send a Run For Our Sons tech shirt to anyone who raises at least $200 and a RFOS t-shirt to anyone who raises at least $100.

If you have any other questions please contact us at info@runforoursons.org.

Thanks!

Nicole HerringEndurance Program Manager

Great picture David, looks you like you both had agood time.

David said:

Here is the photo of last weekend's Davis Stampede. Joe finished 328th out of 819 in the 5!

Nicole - that's perfect. I had a feeling I was just missing a link. Thanks!

Chris - I was the guy with the camera actually. Guy in the photo is Miguel, a fire-fighter from Woodland CA, Station 3. Joe and the guys at Station 3 have a growing history hanging out together.

Whole thing was Miguel's idea, his first 5K, and he had the t-shirts made up as well. Joe also got high-fives from the Davis FD and University of Davis FD along the route. I hung out with the dog and cheered on :)

-David

Wow that was easy!

http://www.parentprojectmd.org/goto/teamjoeca

$300 raised, shooting for $1000 per race with 5 more races this year

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service