Hi, Carson is now 16yrs old and is 130 lbs. Because he now weighs the

same as me it's been difficult for me to lift him. I tend to pass the job onto

his very tall strong gymnast sister or my 6'5" husband. As of 2 days ago

he fell out of his chair going over a curb. (he promises he will start wearing

his seat belt now!!!) Anyhow, he sprained his ankle and broke his arm making

lifting and pivoting him pretty well impossible. I've been "trying" to research

lifts and I think I've narrowed it down to (of course the most expensive) the

Molift portable lift. Anyone happen to own one? Any opinions?

Thanks

Cindy 

Views: 251

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have the Molift portable lift and love it. Our son is 5'7' and 170 lbs. and we have no problem transferring him with this lift. We only use this lift to bring with us on vacations or doctors visits and it folds up great in our minivan. It even comes with a case if you ever want to bring it as luggage on the airplane. We have a portable ceiling lift on tracks for our home use. Good luck.
Beverly
Thanks Beverley,
We travel quite a bit so it'll come in handy. We are in the process of getting recommedations for a
ceiling lift, I never thought about a portable one. What are the advantages of it over a permanent one?
Cindy
Hi Beverly,

Did ya'll look at the Liko portable life? We are in the market for a small, portable lift for home and travel use. We have small hallways. We ordered the Hoyer portable lift but I had to collaspe it to move it - not user friendly at all. They took it back - Thank God!!! We think the Liko will work for us but did not want to chance the $800 re-stocking fee if it didn't work. We have the rep looking for someone who might have one within 100 miles for us to look at and maybe try in our home. (We're just north of Baton Rouge, Louisiana).

Thanks for any input you have.

Desaree E. Broussard

Beverly DeVergillo said:
We have the Molift portable lift and love it. Our son is 5'7' and 170 lbs. and we have no problem transferring him with this lift. We only use this lift to bring with us on vacations or doctors visits and it folds up great in our minivan. It even comes with a case if you ever want to bring it as luggage on the airplane. We have a portable ceiling lift on tracks for our home use. Good luck.
Beverly
Hi Beverly,
We are in the process of renovating a bathroom & bedroom for Carson, your son seems to be in and around the
same size and ability as Carson. How big is your shower and bathroom? Did you go with the 6' roll in shower?
Do you think we'll need one that big at some point. I've been told the boys may need shower beds rather than
shower chairs as they get older.

We manged to buy a used Hoyer portable lift by the way, and it works great. Thanks for your advice. We have
the therapist coming over tomorrow night to make suggestions on where to install the ceiling lift for the bed
and bathroom.

Thanks
Cindy

Beverly DeVergillo said:
Beverly
Hi Cindy,

I know it's been a few years, but how are you making out with the roll in shower? Did you go with the larger one that can accommodate a shower bed? We are doing bathroom renovations now for our 16 year old son and would appreciate any guidance you can offer.

Angela

cindy curr said:
Hi Beverly,
We are in the process of renovating a bathroom & bedroom for Carson, your son seems to be in and around the
same size and ability as Carson. How big is your shower and bathroom? Did you go with the 6' roll in shower?
Do you think we'll need one that big at some point. I've been told the boys may need shower beds rather than
shower chairs as they get older.

We manged to buy a used Hoyer portable lift by the way, and it works great. Thanks for your advice. We have
the therapist coming over tomorrow night to make suggestions on where to install the ceiling lift for the bed
and bathroom.

Thanks
Cindy

Beverly DeVergillo said:
Beverly

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service