I wrote this for my 4 year old son James, late last year. On March 7th (last Saturday), my husband headed off on a mammoth bike ride from Sydney to Melbourne to raise money for two of the main research centres here in Australia for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD). So far, up till today (March 11) we have raised over $600,000!!

Prior to the commencement of the ride, we had a send-off party in the city (in Sydney) and my poem was read out by an Australian actress called Lucy Bell. HEre is the audio/video presentation from that night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q06iaZjqWY

Please send this to as many people as possible so we can raise awareness internationally (and money in the process) to help find a cure that only affects perfect little boys!

I hope this works!!!!

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sharyn,

Thanks for sharing this with us. I've heard your poem before and my daughter-in-law, Erin, even posted it on Nicholas' web page (with your permission) a while back. We think it is beautiful... just like your three children. I sent the youtube link to everyone in my address book especially my Aussie friends. I hope your husband is having a safe and successful ride. I've driven from Sydney to Melbourne but can't imagine doing it on a bike. Horray!! Thank you for all you and your husband are doing for research and awareness. Terrfic job!!
"Scents for Duchenne" Fundraiser started back on Jan. 25, 2009 by Cheryl and her son Adam......thru this fundraiser we offer a new candle or candle item for sale along with an incentive each month and thru these candle sales we donate 75% of our profits to PPMD and thru other reg. merchandise sales we donate 75% of our profits to the Natl. MDA Office!

Recently Home & Garden purchased Home Interiors ( which we have been consultants with since June 2006 ) and they finally merged their 2 companies together and their new name is "CelebratingHome" - Bringing Families Together!

Each month I also update everyone on the sales and what was sent to PPMD and the Natl. MDA Office. Last month we offered "Moments Butterflies" Candle Holders and you would receive a set of 6 rose scented votive candles FREE!!!! I had explained why this item was selected from what we had read about 2 families sharing about their special boys who have since passed and how one of the boys loved dragonflies and the other boy so loved butterflies.....these holders were selected in honor of these 2 families and in memory of their sons. We purchased a set of holders and candles for each family!

1 set of holders was purchased by my husbands sister in Canada and she also ordered another item allowing us to send a check of $6.15 to PPMD and a check of $10.13 to the Natl. MDA Office from Feb. sales thru "Scents for Duchenne"!

To help us all welcome in spring next weekend Adam and I have selected a soy candle in "Spring Meadow" for March.
The incentive is all candles are 20% off till the end of March...so, get your orders in early! And all that we ask is that if you can't afford to purchase your own candle is that you share this with everyone you know and ask them to support our cause here on PPMD!

You will need to go to: www.celebratinghome.com and when the page comes up to find a consultant you will need to type in my name Cheryl Markey, the state Maine and the zip 04769.....and my page will come up.

While you are on the site please check it out as Adam and I did last night ( as they just upgraded the site ) and while on there check out the fundraiser...this fundraiser can help organizations raise funds for their important cause and also help families raise funds towards a ramp, towards a van or anything else needed!

We share this with others each month on my FaceBook page, my MySpace page along with everyone else I have in my yahoo address book,,,it is not only for PPMD families!!!!

Thank you for your time!
Cheryl and Adam
It has been brought to my attention from some that they can't get to my page on Celebrating Home by using the instructions I gave you. I have contacted them re: this matter and when I hear something back I will let you know what I learned!

Thanks for understanding,
Cheryl

Cheryl Markey said:
"Scents for Duchenne" Fundraiser started back on Jan. 25, 2009 by Cheryl and her son Adam......thru this fundraiser we offer a new candle or candle item for sale along with an incentive each month and thru these candle sales we donate 75% of our profits to PPMD and thru other reg. merchandise sales we donate 75% of our profits to the Natl. MDA Office!

Recently Home & Garden purchased Home Interiors ( which we have been consultants with since June 2006 ) and they finally merged their 2 companies together and their new name is "CelebratingHome" - Bringing Families Together!

Each month I also update everyone on the sales and what was sent to PPMD and the Natl. MDA Office. Last month we offered "Moments Butterflies" Candle Holders and you would receive a set of 6 rose scented votive candles FREE!!!! I had explained why this item was selected from what we had read about 2 families sharing about their special boys who have since passed and how one of the boys loved dragonflies and the other boy so loved butterflies.....these holders were selected in honor of these 2 families and in memory of their sons. We purchased a set of holders and candles for each family!

1 set of holders was purchased by my husbands sister in Canada and she also ordered another item allowing us to send a check of $6.15 to PPMD and a check of $10.13 to the Natl. MDA Office from Feb. sales thru "Scents for Duchenne"!

To help us all welcome in spring next weekend Adam and I have selected a soy candle in "Spring Meadow" for March.
The incentive is all candles are 20% off till the end of March...so, get your orders in early! And all that we ask is that if you can't afford to purchase your own candle is that you share this with everyone you know and ask them to support our cause here on PPMD!

You will need to go to: www.celebratinghome.com and when the page comes up to find a consultant you will need to type in my name Cheryl Markey, the state Maine and the zip 04769.....and my page will come up.

While you are on the site please check it out as Adam and I did last night ( as they just upgraded the site ) and while on there check out the fundraiser...this fundraiser can help organizations raise funds for their important cause and also help families raise funds towards a ramp, towards a van or anything else needed!

We share this with others each month on my FaceBook page, my MySpace page along with everyone else I have in my yahoo address book,,,it is not only for PPMD families!!!!

Thank you for your time!
Cheryl and Adam
Okay, think we have the problem taken care of and hopefully you can get to my "Celebrating Home" page.

You will need to go to: www.celebratinghome.com
click at the top of the page on Find a designer
go to: Find My Independent Designer
type in website address: www.Homeinteriors.com/scentsforduchenne
type in my name and check Maine

Thank you,
Cheryl
PS: remember all candles are 20% off till the end of March and the March "Scents for Duchenne" Fundraiser item is: to help us all welcome in Spring in this weekend with a the soy scented "Spring Meadow" candle!

Cheryl Markey said:
It has been brought to my attention from some that they can't get to my page on Celebrating Home by using the instructions I gave you. I have contacted them re: this matter and when I hear something back I will let you know what I learned!

Thanks for understanding,
Cheryl

Cheryl Markey said:

Thank you for your time!
Cheryl and Adam
Sharyn, This is beautiful!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service