My son, Caleb, is a high school senior with Duchennes Muscular Dystrophy (DMD).  He has navigated the challenging social issues of growing up with a much different body type and with much less physical abilities than his peers - and he wants to be able to provide some recommendations to those with DMD on ways to connect socially and to increase acceptance, respect, and understanding.  

He is doing a senior thesis project on social inclusion in Muscular Dystrophy (MD).  And he needs feedback on his electronic survey from individuals with MD regarding 36 social inclusion recommendations.  He wants to help others with MD overcome the type of social challenges that he has experienced.  He did a literature review on available social inclusion treatments and came up with the 36 recommendations based on that review and on his personal experience.  

He has about 25 responses to his survey through working with the local MDA and the Parent Project.  I was hoping that this message would reach numerous others with MD who would not mind helping out.  Please ask your loved ones with MD to take a few minutes to click on the survey and to rate the recommendations.  The survey is at this link:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LZBCKCP 

Caleb is in need of closing out the survey by February 1st to present his thesis.  

He will continue this project in college by creating a website with his recommendations (which he will update regularly) that will provide assistance to MD individuals.  

Thank you so much!  

Views: 207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Richard, There are a number of Facebook groups that you may want to try. See the screenshot attached. I'm positive you'll get a fantastic response. What a great topic for a thesis. Also an area of study that needs some serious attention! Hope he tries to get it published.
Hi Richard, There are a number of Facebook groups that you may want to try. See the screenshot attached. I'm positive you'll get a fantastic response. What a great topic for a thesis. Also an area of study that needs some serious attention! He must try and publish.
Attachments:

Many thanks Lynne.  That is extremely helpful!!  I have requested to join about half dozen of the group pages and have already been added to several and have posted on those.  I had no idea that these Facebook groups existed.  MDA and Parent Project and Children's Hospital have been our support and education groups over the years.

Lynne Nicholson said:

Hi Richard, There are a number of Facebook groups that you may want to try. See the screenshot attached. I'm positive you'll get a fantastic response. What a great topic for a thesis. Also an area of study that needs some serious attention! He must try and publish.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service