Can anyone tell me about the Omega 3-6-9?  I keep reading that parents are giving it to their boys but I have not heard about it before now.

My son takes Flax seed Oil caplets does anyone else's boys use these, does anyone have opionons on these?

My son also take Omega 3 Mood and with this drug we have noticed a cognitive improvement with him, it seems at least once or twice a week it is either myself or my husband telling each other some story about our son Brandon.  Our son has processing issues where he is very smart and knows what to say but can't seem to get it from his head to his mouth, lately we have been able to carry on conversations with him like none we have ever done before, it has been great.  One of the things the bottle list is Health Brain Function.  We get it from our local health food store the brand we use is Country Life.

Thanks for any input or advice

Cinni

Views: 262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I give my little boy Eye Q Baby capsules each day. These are just naturally sourced omegas 3, 6 and 9. They are described as follows:

Eye q baby delivers the specific omega-3 and omega-6 long chain fatty acids that are important for a baby's healthy growth. The formulation is based on extensive research into the role of fatty acids in neuro- development. About 30% of the dry weight of the brain and eye is made up of long chain fatty acids, the majority being omega-3 DHA, and to a lesser degree omega-6 AA. These nutrients can only be supplied from the diet, and it is particularly important that they are in constant supply during the first two years of a child's life, the time when brain growth is most rapid.

I have always beleived in the health benefits of fish oils so I would probably give these to him even if he didn't have DMD. I can't comment on mood etc as he's too young at 19 months to really tell, but he's certainly very bright indeed!
Here is a site with more info on it. Joshua is 7 and has been taking it for 3 years now.

Naomi

http://www.mind1st.co.uk/omega-3-6-9.asp
Thank you so much for the site looks like some great info for me to read.

Joshua's mom said:
Here is a site with more info on it. Joshua is 7 and has been taking it for 3 years now.

Naomi

http://www.mind1st.co.uk/omega-3-6-9.asp
Lisa thank you for the information.

lisa burke said:
I give my little boy Eye Q Baby capsules each day. These are just naturally sourced omegas 3, 6 and 9. They are described as follows:

Eye q baby delivers the specific omega-3 and omega-6 long chain fatty acids that are important for a baby's healthy growth. The formulation is based on extensive research into the role of fatty acids in neuro- development. About 30% of the dry weight of the brain and eye is made up of long chain fatty acids, the majority being omega-3 DHA, and to a lesser degree omega-6 AA. These nutrients can only be supplied from the diet, and it is particularly important that they are in constant supply during the first two years of a child's life, the time when brain growth is most rapid.

I have always beleived in the health benefits of fish oils so I would probably give these to him even if he didn't have DMD. I can't comment on mood etc as he's too young at 19 months to really tell, but he's certainly very bright indeed!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service