Hello everyone
I have to boys 6 and 4 with DMD. My husband and I said no to steroids. Mostly because the side effects.
My oldest also has autism and we are concern about behavior issues.
Is somebody in the same situation, I really need some advice, there is any kind af testing before the treatment? about side effects.
Thank you
Cristina

Views: 366

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When it comes to ADD, caffeine doesn't react the same on the brain as it does with those without. It actually has a calming effect. When you bring the child's body up to the same level as the racing brain, the child then becomes "normal". Like I said though earlier, everything before Ritalin, etc. was based on caffeine. If you ever have even a ice cap. from Timmies, let him try some if he's acting up and see what happens, or even try a bean once. If it doesn't work, he probably doesn't have ADD. That's according to his doctor. Let me know if it works.

Naomi
Thanks, but my son doesn't have ADD or ADHD - not even as a side effect of Deflazacort. I was just curious about supplements parents are offering to their children with DMD. I just like to keep up on things in case I encounter another parent of a DMD child exhibiting ADD behaviors. I can direct them to you because this appears to be working for your child. Interesting the way the brain works. Thanks again.

Joshua's mom said:
When it comes to ADD, caffeine doesn't react the same on the brain as it does with those without. It actually has a calming effect. When you bring the child's body up to the same level as the racing brain, the child then becomes "normal". Like I said though earlier, everything before Ritalin, etc. was based on caffeine. If you ever have even a ice cap. from Timmies, let him try some if he's acting up and see what happens, or even try a bean once. If it doesn't work, he probably doesn't have ADD. That's according to his doctor. Let me know if it works.

Naomi
Hi my name is Pilar, i'm reading your story and that is great, my son is 11, and at one point stop giving the prednisone, and you can see the differencen of no strengh, falling, so i decided to go back... thre is a big change. he's happier, faster...
also he takes endurence( protein powder), flax oil (omega), evening primrose oil 500mg, royal cells, you name it..
everything to help our sons,, p.s.i'm from New Jersey, Nutley..

Kelvinsmom - Michelle said:
We found Deflazacort to be fine. We did have some anger issues (which we had prior to steroids as well). I "fixed" those with Barleans FIsh Oil Supplement and possibly the green tea extract (that seems to have helped, not sure how, but maybe the caffeine). Also, Kelvin was very hairy before steroids, so, well, he has a lot more hair, especially on his back, but the few things he has had, would not keep us from using the steroids. I think he is doing great, test results show it, he almost doubled his speeds, he runs super fast (that scares me as I'm always worried). We give lots of liquid calcium, magnesium and vitamin D to help his bones. He hasn't had stunted growth yet due to steroids, but he has only been on them for a year and a few months and certainly was short prior to steroids (he is only like 5% to 10% or so). I'm yelling at the kids right now telling them to stop running. Kelvin can now run so fast, I can't catch him in the yard. Of course, I'm not exactly fast, but I do try to get him. Michelle

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service