My son keeps telling me it feels like his food is stuck after he eats

My son is 7 and for about the past month he will tell me it feels like his food is stuck, he will even drinkalot of water to try and make it go down.  Im just not sure if this is part of Duchenne or if it is that he is not chewing up his food well enough.  I don't know if I should contact his doctor.  Has anybody else experienced this with their boys?  Any information would be great.

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would definitely speak to your doctor! He might order a swallow evaluation. This is a noninvasive test to see how well his muscles are working. Also you may find some foods are easier than others for him to swallow. Ground meat instead of steak etc. Where do you live? I am in NY if you want the names of doctors.

Please let me know if I can help.

Kathy

Thanks for the info Kathy. We live in Texas. We have an appt with his MD doctor in May but I'm not sure if I should wait till then or go ahead and call? Not that calling would do any good. He was recently having breathing problems so I called to see if they would see him and the earliest appt was May and that was about 3 months ago.

Kathy Guthy said:

I would definitely speak to your doctor! He might order a swallow evaluation. This is a noninvasive test to see how well his muscles are working. Also you may find some foods are easier than others for him to swallow. Ground meat instead of steak etc. Where do you live? I am in NY if you want the names of doctors.

Please let me know if I can help.

Kathy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service