Mothers that Don't Work/Stay Home with Our Boys: I Need Your Help Explaining What We Do All Day.

You must be thinking is she kidding? i would if I saw the title to this post. What mother in our community can't communicate well or explain what she does all day?

That would be me at the moment.

struggling to put together a job description-ish explanation of what I do all day in my role as stay-at-home mother of an 8 year old with Duchenne.

For a vocational evaluator in Family Law I'm trying to justify why it is in the best interest of my 8 year old son that I do not work right now. I'm furious that I have to do this, and I worry the reader will sense a hostile tone.

I read a post. Duchenne without the Sugar Coating. I could have flown through the Internet and hugged her when I read it. I'd love for her or someone who writes like she does to shoot me a few bullet points.

I'd be grateful for anyone to shoot me even just one bullet point.

The trouble I'm having is I write too much story. Too much emotion, thoughts. I need help just stating facts of what we do all day. Without the emotion. I'm a fountain of anger and sadness so what should be a simple write up has become excruciating.

How can I better describe taking my son to his small army of medical professionals?

Views: 193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In home health care aide

The way I look at it is: Office Administrator

Scheduling appointments, therapies, equipment needed, arranging transportation, keeping track of medications and supplements, accounting, record keeping, archiving, research time, provide and prepare nutritious meals, etc. 

And that is just for the medical issues. Then you have help with personal needs, school issues, accessibility issues, all the regular stuff on top and mixed in. And that is for one person of the family, the rest also require their basic needs to be met also and have soccer or swimming lessons and occasionally need to see a doctor, dentist, orthodontist, optometry, call the plumber, take the dog to the vet, get a hair cut or a massage, go for a jog or spend time with a friend over tea or a glass of wine, go on a date.

I'd point out that while driving to appointments and waiting in clinics, none of the laundry or house work can be done, and is still waiting for you when you return

Maybe the vocational evaluator need to hear/see/feel the emotion and hostility, the bitterness at having to do all these things when we'd love nothing better than to have the choice not to.

That's my 2 cents. Good luck,

Andrea

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service