I just got a call today from Make a Wish foundation. Seems like a nurse we had seen made a refferal for Wyatt. He is only 3 1/2 right now. I guess my question is, How old were your children if they had their make a wish trip. I am thinking that he is probably too young right now to make his "wish" and have him actually remember it. What have ya'll done or think about a 3 year old already making his wish. Thanks for the thoughts.

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good question. Connor is 4.5. I'm going to wait a few more years. I really want him to remember the experience and yet still have the ability to enjoy the experience too.
We struggled with this ourselves. We actually going through the process right now. When the trip happens, our son will be 5 1/2. We decided this would be an alright age, as I remember my trip to Disney when I was his age.
I'd wait until he is a bit older, if you can. Give Kids the World Village is the most amazing experience I've had in my life, I'd suggest it 200% for any child. I can tell you tons more, but, it includes everything in Florida that you can imagine. Michelle
Our son Shaun went on his "Make A Wish" trip this past March to"Give Kids The World." he was about 8 1/2 years old then. There are no words to describe Give Kids The World. From the moment you arrive you are surrounded by love from hundreds of volunteers. Mayor Clayton ( the fictional rabbit mascot) will come by at night to say good night if your child likes. Every day is a different theme. When you go out for the day, our children had a little toy or stuffed animal waiting for them when they got home. When you have breakfast or dinner, you have volunteers waiting to help you at all times. This was new to us being from N.Y. ...LOL... THE POOL AND WATER AREA IS NEW AND BEAUTIFUL.. We also went to Disney,Universal, and Sea World. The best way to sum it up is, it was a beautiful vacation for all five of us... Shaun talks about it always
Best of luck

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service