My nephew is 5 years old and we would like to start him on the above supplements, the thing is when we go to buy them, they have adult dosages on them. Does anyone know what the right amount is to give to a 5 year old and what brands are good to buy. We live in Sydney, Aust. We can purchase online if we have to. Any ideas.

Views: 983

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our doctor (Dr Mark Tarnopolsky) has published studies on DMD and creatine. He has our son (7 yrs, 50lbs) on a 1/3 teaspoon twice a day. Creatine monohydrate.
Evan has been taking 1/2 teaspoon L-Glutamine (made by GNC Pro Performance Laboratories in Canada) and 100 mg CoQ10 Softgels (Exact Loblaw's brand) each day for over a year. He is 6 and weighs 37 lbs. We got the dosages from other PPMD parents on this site (there was a thread on the old forum that listed all the drugs/supplements a lot of the boys were on). We're not sure if they are helping, but with the daily Deflazacort (12 mg for the last year and a half), half a tablet of Protandim, 800 Units Vit. D and a multivitamin he is doing pretty good and can play on the playground with his classmates, runs short distances, and very rarely complains of muscle soreness. We haven't tried creatine.
Jason,

What brand of creatine does your son take. Unsure what brand childen with dmd take or what brand is good??
This is what my son has been taking since he was 6 1/2 Years Old., we received these dosage from MD Doctor who is also a biochemist here in New Jersey, You can look him up on the wed under Dr. Magaziner in Cherry Hill, NJ. You can
also get these Vitamains at www.purtain.com. Hope this Helps - by the way my son is 14 years old and doing very well, but he is also started taking Deflazacort about 2 1/2 years ago. Maria

Vitamins (after breakfast)

COQ10 1 dose (50mg) Morning
L-glutamine 1 dose (500mg) Morning
L-Carnitine 1 dose (500mg) Morning
Vitamin E 1 dose (400iu) Morning
Vitamin C 1 dose (1000mg) Morning

Vitamins (before bed)

COQ10 1dose (50mg) Evening
L-Carnitine 1 dose (500mg) Evening
Grape Seed 1 dose (50mg) Evening
Octa Cosanol 1 dose (8000mcg) Evening
DHA 1 dose (100mg0 Evening
creatine monohydrate from GNC
Maria,

When you say your son is doing very well, is he still walking/active? Sorry to ask just trying to see if these supplements really help because when we ask my nephews doctor I get a feeling she thinks they dont really do anything. And what age did he start taking supplements? My nephew is 5 years and has been on Deflazacot for 2.5 years but thats all he takes.

Maria Cutrufello said:
This is what my son has been taking since he was 6 1/2 Years Old., we received these dosage from MD Doctor who is also a biochemist here in New Jersey, You can look him up on the wed under Dr. Magaziner in Cherry Hill, NJ. You can
also get these Vitamains at www.purtain.com. Hope this Helps - by the way my son is 14 years old and doing very well, but he is also started taking Deflazacort about 2 1/2 years ago. Maria

Vitamins (after breakfast)

COQ10 1 dose (50mg) Morning
L-glutamine 1 dose (500mg) Morning
L-Carnitine 1 dose (500mg) Morning
Vitamin E 1 dose (400iu) Morning
Vitamin C 1 dose (1000mg) Morning

Vitamins (before bed)

COQ10 1dose (50mg) Evening
L-Carnitine 1 dose (500mg) Evening
Grape Seed 1 dose (50mg) Evening
Octa Cosanol 1 dose (8000mcg) Evening
DHA 1 dose (100mg0 Evening
Thanks Jason

Jason Gautier said:
creatine monohydrate from GNC
Eliane
He has been in a wheelchair for about 2 years and he has been on deflazcort for 2 years, we found out about Alex when he awas 6 1/2 years old, and even though he is in a wheelchair he is very flexiable he is able to transfer him self and he is able
to still move around pretty good. But alot of doctors don't believe in Vitamins or supplements, so that is why I went to Dr. Magaziner because he is a biochemist and an MD he help us out with the vitamins we should be giving Alex and the amount we should give him, and he started talking this supplements when he was 6 1/2 years old. I buy from Puritan Vitamins, they don't cost a fortune and they are a good brand.

Sorry it took me so long to get back with you,

Maria
Hi;
I have been giving Calum, whom is now 9yrs old Creatine (1000mg) daily for nearly three years. I do a three month on with a week off. The CoQ10 gives Calum headaches, no matter how low a dose. The L-Glutamine we tried on and off but never seemed to make any difference to Calum. We use Twin Labs for the Creatine, it comes in a orange chew wafer, easy to take and you can buy it at any of the health food stores.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service