I am writing a research paper for one of my classes (I am working on a masters degree in guidance and counseling)  The paper is on the accuracy of IQ testing.  I would love some feedback on personal experiences with IQ tests.  Has anyone's son had an IQ test?  Do you feel as if the results were accurate?  Do you feel your son struggled with any parts of the test?  Which IQ test did he take?  Thank you for any information.  No names will be used in my paper.

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I took one when I was 12 maybe 14 years old. I scored between 112-128. I struggled on the math part, had difficulties with fractions. I not really sure what type of IQ test it was, but it was done with a school Phycologist. I'm 26 now and have always lived in the U.K.. Hope that was helpful. Ian (living with DMD)
Thank you Ian!

Ian Anthony Griffiths said:
I took one when I was 12 maybe 14 years old. I scored between 112-128. I struggled on the math part, had difficulties with fractions. I not really sure what type of IQ test it was, but it was done with a school Phycologist. I'm 26 now and have always lived in the U.K.. Hope that was helpful. Ian (living with DMD)
Our son has had 2...one at the age of 4 and another recently...they are so not accurate in the younger age...Trey was bored out of his mind and totally zoned apparently through much of it...they said he showed he couldn't do things that he does daily, etc...the way they ended up finding out what he needed/knew was spending 3 days 'observing' him in a regular classroom in order to find the proper fit which was easily mainstream kindergarten, but according to the psych eval he was at 83, which is low average and showed potential special ed education.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service