Halo Therapeutics' HT-100 Receives FDA's Orphan Designation for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy

Views: 618

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hallo Amrit,

thank you for this information I havent heard still about HT100. Its nice surprise that this year they are going to do clinical trial in DMD boys phase II and its safe.

I was surprised too. I also didnot hear about it until last month that it is compund bought by charelys fund and Nash Avery foundation. Lets hope it works.

TUCSON, Ariz. and PROVIDENCE, R.I., Jan. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) today announced it has awarded $1.0 million to Tivorsan Pharmaceuticals to help speed pre-clinical work vital to a filing of an Investigational New Drug (IND) application with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for a recombinant humanized form of biglycan as a potential muscular dystrophy treatment. 

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mda-awards-1-million-to-tiv...

Hi Amit,

Thanks to good news that are comming this new year. Also on the fb i found that PPMD was successfully in reaching its goal in raising funds and hence PPMD also supporting the this project (Biglycan).

But the topic i started is diffrent , it also good news it is some other product.

keep praying.....

Thanks

Amrit

amit gupta said:

TUCSON, Ariz. and PROVIDENCE, R.I., Jan. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) today announced it has awarded $1.0 million to Tivorsan Pharmaceuticals to help speed pre-clinical work vital to a filing of an Investigational New Drug (IND) application with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for a recombinant humanized form of biglycan as a potential muscular dystrophy treatment. 

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mda-awards-1-million-to-tiv...

To me, the most interesting aspect of this project is the pace in which it moves to human trials & published results. I have hope that such a focused effort that is free from the distractions and inherent inefficiencies of traditional biotech company will move at a faster pace.

The organization has already brushed off requests to run additional tests on dogs in part because they understand that such efforts cost time and thus lives, and are often inconclusive. While of course we all want the treatments to be safe, at least somebody out there recognizes that infinite testing does not equal safety.

Well said. Time is so precious, time for our boys is muscle........safety is very important as well, but cutting out red tape is what is needed.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service