Just wanted to let everyone know that I just registered with my state Dept of Health (in my case Ohio). I filled out a form and they will contact me when the vaccine is being offered in my area and where to go. They said pre-registration would save time at the immunization site. It is possible that other states are offering this.

http://h1n1vaccine.odh.ohio.gov

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't know about other states but here in Ohio the supply is not anywhere near the demand. At the flu clinic here people are waiting hours in line. The last one down by Columbus began at 2PM and people started getting in line at 8AM. They stopped allowing people to get in line shortly after two. I couldn't get my son down to this one so I am still looking. Neither one of his docs are planning on getting it. This is really a pain.
Same for California. Only 2400 shots currently available for people, and we are in the second largest county in the USA.

Don't know if this will help you Janine but yesterday I spent the entire morning on the phone working the system through my local County Health Dept. I targeted them because they've received a batch of vaccine instead of the local doc offices. I eventually got to speak to the head of some dept and she personally arranged for a flu shot "appointment", meaning we bring our son to the clinic at a end of their day - he gets his H1N1 vaccine - all or most crowds have gone by then. I explained to her the impact DMD/Prednisone has on his immune system therefore he CAN'T wait in a crowded clinic hour after hour. Didn't really expect it to work because these local clinics didn't even have DMD on their priority list!! Thankfully, they are saving one shot for our son to take next week.

hope this helps!
cheryl

Janine said:
Don't know about other states but here in Ohio the supply is not anywhere near the demand. At the flu clinic here people are waiting hours in line. The last one down by Columbus began at 2PM and people started getting in line at 8AM. They stopped allowing people to get in line shortly after two. I couldn't get my son down to this one so I am still looking. Neither one of his docs are planning on getting it. This is really a pain.
That is fantastic news Cheryl :)

For any other mums and dads that make similar phone calls, if anyone tries to tell you that DMD is not on the list and therefore your son does not qualify, please be aware that if they are on steriods (and only if they are on steroids) you can also let them know that your son is immunosuppressed (and that condition IS on the priority list - globally).

cheryl cliff said:
Same for California. Only 2400 shots currently available for people, and we are in the second largest county in the USA.

Don't know if this will help you Janine but yesterday I spent the entire morning on the phone working the system through my local County Health Dept. I targeted them because they've received a batch of vaccine instead of the local doc offices. I eventually got to speak to the head of some dept and she personally arranged for a flu shot "appointment", meaning we bring our son to the clinic at a end of their day - he gets his H1N1 vaccine - all or most crowds have gone by then. I explained to her the impact DMD/Prednisone has on his immune system therefore he CAN'T wait in a crowded clinic hour after hour. Didn't really expect it to work because these local clinics didn't even have DMD on their priority list!! Thankfully, they are saving one shot for our son to take next week.

hope this helps!
cheryl

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service