For those that already have your boys on growth hormones, do you give the shots in the a.m. or p.m.?  Is one really better than the other or do you know if it even matters?

We give Sam his in the a.m.  He started them in the beginning of October ('09) and has grown 3¼".

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We used to give Christian his in the evening.. main reason was because my husband is a nurse and works nights and when he left for work, he would give it to him as he would not be there in the morning when I would have to take him to daycare.
Hi Laurie,

Nicholas has been on growth hormone for almost four months. I give him the shot at about 8:30 every night. It was recommended by the nurse to do it at night (maybe because kids grow during the night). Not sure if she is right or not - but it works for us. I don't know how much (if any) Nicholas has grown - it's hard to tell. We have follow up in October with Dr. Rutter (but we get the hgh through our insurance here in California). He is almost 14 - I don't know if that makes a difference in the effectiveness of it either. Anything is better than nothing at this point - he is only 48" tall and hasn't grown in years. Good luck :)
Ditto for us, bedtime for the same reasons, (also because our nanny gets the kids up and ready for school in the am as we are at work before any children wake up)

Rhiannon Hubbard said:
We were told to give his shot right before bed since overnight is when growth occurs and when HGH levels would naturally be at their highest.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service