has anyone had any side effects to the growth hormone?

Views: 643

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My son has been on the HgH for almost two years and in the last 5 months he has finally made it on the growth chart with no real sifeeffects. Best of luck to you and your family.
Dear All

It's been 3 months since we started Hgh with George. He is tolerated Hgh very well, no side effects. But we have not seen any signifficant change to his height still. I just noticed that he grew about 1cm the first month and then no more gain.

What is your experience on Hgh and height velocity? Should we wait to see real increase to his height later on? Is this possible increase be shown later? I am a dissapointed again!!

Greg
George, I don't recall how much Seph grew his first 3 mths, but I would give it more time. How much and what type of HgH is he on? what is his current height and weight. Seph is on .8 of Genetropyn daily and at the time he began he was about 50 lbs...

Gregoris Panayiotou said:
Dear All

It's been 3 months since we started Hgh with George. He is tolerated Hgh very well, no side effects. But we have not seen any signifficant change to his height still. I just noticed that he grew about 1cm the first month and then no more gain.

What is your experience on Hgh and height velocity? Should we wait to see real increase to his height later on? Is this possible increase be shown later? I am a dissapointed again!!

Greg
What is the doctor saying?

Dear All

Greg
Dear Lori

George is on Genotropin also. He is taking 1.8mg 6 times a week. He is 12 yrs old, his height is 1,30 and his weight is 35kg.

We are going to visit our endocrinologist by the end of this month and discuss the issue with him

Thanks

Greg

Lori Ware said:
George, I don't recall how much Seph grew his first 3 mths, but I would give it more time. How much and what type of HgH is he on? what is his current height and weight. Seph is on .8 of Genetropyn daily and at the time he began he was about 50 lbs...

Dear All

Greg
Dear Janine

We are going to visit the doctor in a few weeks for the first time after starting HgH.

Greg

Janine said:
What is the doctor saying?

Dear All

Greg

Dear All

It's been a year now that George started the GH.  He gained 6,5cm during this year.  But we cannot see any other benefits (weight loss).  Athough we are very excited that GH is working on George and we had this increase in his height.

Any news from you?  How things going?

Greg

Hello I am just to take a decision on giving my soon the grown hormone not for the heigh issue but for him to recover strenght he is know taking deflazacort and the doctor told us he uses genotropin for this is this safe? Can this really help my son ?
My son is on genotropin. Has been since Oct 2009. He's gotten good results with growth, but I can't say I've seen any strength changes, although I never really expected or watch for them.

To those of you with experience in HGH treatment and/or the medical professionals out there,

Did your son have to stop steroids for a period of time when they did the stimulation test? This is what our pediatric endocrinologist is telling me has to be done (I think she said 3 months). We don't want to do that as Simon has responded to Deflazacort very well, except of course for the growth failure. We want him to grow, not deteriorate and grow!

Andrea, is your son in the GSK exon skipping trial? I thought I remember something like that. If so, do they allow you to change/modify steroid regimen and/or add HGH? They do not allow it during other trials, that might bias the results.

Andrea Cleary said:

To those of you with experience in HGH treatment and/or the medical professionals out there,

Did your son have to stop steroids for a period of time when they did the stimulation test? This is what our pediatric endocrinologist is telling me has to be done (I think she said 3 months). We don't want to do that as Simon has responded to Deflazacort very well, except of course for the growth failure. We want him to grow, not deteriorate and grow!

None of the boys I know here in the US who had the test done and/or started GH stopped steroids. I am certain he shouldn't stop. Remember the IGF-1 trial here, boys are on steroids.

Andrea Cleary said:

Yes, but we can start new meds once in the extension phase (Sept.26), as long as they don't affect coagulation. And our participation in the exon skipping trial is why I am asking if endocrinologists were requiring the boys to stop steroids for their GH tests. Simon would not be able to continue in the research trial if not on steroids, and we don't want to stop them anyway! 

And I really don't care what his GH levels show, I just want it prescribed regardless (he has fallen off the growth curve and only grew about 1.5 cm in 4 years!), since I know this is done and other boys are growing significantly. Yes there can be side effects, and perhaps in his case it won't work either, but I would like to give it a try, with medical supervision. Ordering over the internet and getting substandard and possibly dangerous product contraband is not an option I am willing to take though.

I've pointed out the irony to the endo team that  doctors were also wary of prescribing steroids for DMD, and that it is now a standard treatment.

Frustrated, A. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service