so my family and i are heading to cincinatti to see dr wong. any advice or any recomendation on a place to stay that is affordable 

Views: 465

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you so much you have made me feel a lot better and relived about going to Cincinnati and I will defenitly keep you posted ;)
if you need anything please ask. When wyatt was first diagnosed I felt like I was totally in a fog, I was angry, scared upset, frustrated, confused, and alone. Or at least I thought I was alone. The second I became a member of PPMD that all changed. I met incredible people who "got me". And that was exactly what I needed. Our friends can be supportive, but that don't truly understand my PPMD "family" understands.

i called guest services forlodging info they gave me some names and she told me to look at them online to see them and geta idea of what to expect which i find cool but i wanted to ask all you guys what hotel you stayed at and if the rooms were comfortable enough to fit my sons wheelchair 

Wyatt's Mommy, Melissa said:

if you need anything please ask. When wyatt was first diagnosed I felt like I was totally in a fog, I was angry, scared upset, frustrated, confused, and alone. Or at least I thought I was alone. The second I became a member of PPMD that all changed. I met incredible people who "got me". And that was exactly what I needed. Our friends can be supportive, but that don't truly understand my PPMD "family" understands.
We stayed at the radisson and it's round which made the room shapes a little different. The first time I had 2 queens and it was a little tight. There's not much empty floor space. The second time we shared a king (wyatt is only 4). And there was a little more space. I imagine they would have wheel chair accessible rooms maybe. I'm not sure. It's a great hotel however and it's close to the hospital, shopping and food.

We went February 2012 for the first time and are going back again this April. The care we have received there has been incredible.

On the advice of Guest Services, we too had reservations at the round/cylindrical Radisson, but when we got up to the room it was like sitting on the side of the freeway the traffic noise was so loud. And we were on the side away from the freeway. We called Guest Services and they had us move to the Hapton Inn & Suites right near the hospital. It had just opened at that time and was an awesome place to stay. Very quiet with large rooms, free hot breakfast in the morning, and literally 3 minutes from the hospital. One day we walked to the zoo after our appointments and then walked back to the hotel. They are all fairy close.

Hampton Inn

Shawn

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service