Just thought I would let you all know what I just heard from our local MDA Health Care Service Coordinator. As of January 1, 2010 MDA will no longer be assisting patient families with the $2,000 every three to five years for medical equipment. She said "our organization saw a 14 million shortfall last year and sadly this service was cut from our menu of services provided to MDA families."

Janine

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whoa. Funny, no mention of that during the telethon, in Quest, or any prior communication to families - huh!?!
That doesn't make sense. They raised more money this last year then usual. What are they talking about?! I'm sorry but that is so full of BS!!! Another of the MDA's games they play! If this is so true why do they say they provide w/c's etc.etc..in the telethons?

I would suggest you verifty this with the corporate office because is ths is true they committ fraud on the telethon. They can't claim some thing on tv and turn around and tell the families something else. The w/c funds is suppose to be one of the major things of the MDA. They made money then in the past and yet suddenly they are short? BS!!!
I am going to assume the information is correct as it did come from the health care service coordinator in an e-mail. She does work for MDA and I don't think she would have said it had it not been true. They may have had more donations this year than last but their investment income is most likely way down. I am just guessing on that. I am not trying to defend MDA in any way I was just passing along the information thinking others here would be interested. You can call your local chapters if you would like to confirm. I'm happy that we used the $2,000 this month for the first time.

Dee said:
That doesn't make sense. They raised more money this last year then usual. What are they talking about?! I'm sorry but that is so full of BS!!! Another of the MDA's games they play! If this is so true why do they say they provide w/c's etc.etc..in the telethons?

I would suggest you verifty this with the corporate office because is ths is true they committ fraud on the telethon. They can't claim some thing on tv and turn around and tell the families something else. The w/c funds is suppose to be one of the major things of the MDA. They made money then in the past and yet suddenly they are short? BS!!!
Recently we received a 3rd class mailer-flyer from MDA. They apologized for the 3rd class-ness and stated it was because they can't afford regular mail services. It stinks that they cut scooters/wheelchairs from their menu. What's left for kids with DMD? It appears MDA has become an organization that simply helps victims of hurricanes (remember Katrina) now...
We got a letter to this affect yesterday and there was no January 2010 date, it sounded immediate.
Is this going to be true across the board for all MDA Associations?
Yes , I believe that is the case.

irishgirl said:
Is this going to be true across the board for all MDA Associations?
Its across the board. We got a letter in the mail yesterday and our east Texas MDA lady called us and told us. The did not say anything in the telethon because this just came across now..
well, they also pay doctors who don't know anything....

cheryl cliff said:
Recently we received a 3rd class mailer-flyer from MDA. They apologized for the 3rd class-ness and stated it was because they can't afford regular mail services. It stinks that they cut scooters/wheelchairs from their menu. What's left for kids with DMD? It appears MDA has become an organization that simply helps victims of hurricanes (remember Katrina) now...
I spoke to a rep from the MDA this morning - and this may be for Virginia, but she told me that the 2,000 was being stopped for wheelchairs and braces and that it! Any other medical equipment will be covered.

Interesting...!!!

Samantha Dearing said:
Its across the board. We got a letter in the mail yesterday and our east Texas MDA lady called us and told us. The did not say anything in the telethon because this just came across now..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service