Fund-raising idea: Ben & Jerry's -- 20% of sales for PPMD

Want to do an event for Coach to Cure MD but don't have a lot of time to plan one? Just go to your nearest Ben & Jerry's and ask if you can do a charity event!  I've set up one in College Station for the Monday before Coach to Cure. If you bring in 50 customers during a 2-hour period, you get 20% of sales during that period. It doesn't matter if it's customers you bring in or people who happen to come in for ice cream during that time. They also allow you to have a table for straight donations, and they sell their tie-die bracelets for $3, and your charity gets $2 each.

They even advertise for you on their Facebook page and send out a mass e-mail to local customers. I'm going to promote the heck out of it on Facebook, among friends, neighbors, etc.

On Monday, I'm headed to Kohls to try to get the five volunteers and $500 for the event.  I'm hoping the volunteers can pass out brochures and maybe do some face painting outside while people wait!

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Veronica, please pass along the details for your event in C.S...My sister lives there as well and would love to promote this event at her work and church........THANKS for your work!!!!!!! Karen
Awesome! Wish we had a Ben and Jerry's!!!!
That's great, Karen! The event is on Monday, September 20 from 6-8. I'm still working on details -- I may try to do a raffle at the event as well. Please pass on my thanks to your sister. If she'd like to reach me, plz pass along my email: ronnicat@hotmail.com.

Karen flor said:
Veronica, please pass along the details for your event in C.S...My sister lives there as well and would love to promote this event at her work and church........THANKS for your work!!!!!!! Karen

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service