Hello...there is a FDA approved drug called flavocoxid that Dr. Guiseppe Vita in Italy just completed a pilot study on with 20 duchenne boys.  The results seem to be promising but I did not buy the full paper.  Has anyone heard about this or have any additional information they could provide?

Views: 1042

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Further data is being released by the end of February at the Italian Parent Project annual conference. I've got a copy of a poster produced by the team in Italy if you are interested - please email me at mark.silverman@actionduchenne.org

I would like to know  if you have any update on a clinical trial testing Flavocoxid in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy in Italy.
The trial was completed,but no updates.

This drug looks promising. Waiting for the updates.

I received this e.mail from the company which produces Limbrel (Flavocoxid) the results were disappointing:

The study to which you refer was initiated after some positive results were obtained in a mouse model of muscular dystrophy. The human trial was done in a small number of children and, while there were some suggestion of benefit, the results were overall disappointing. The investigators are considering whether to attempt a larger trial but, given the lack of a strong positive indicator, they are reluctant to embark on a larger trial.

Regards,

Robert M. Levy, MD

Primus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

7373 N. Scottsdale Rd.

Ste B-200

Scottdale, AZ 85253

Tel: 480-483-1410

Cell: 480-415-6779

Fax: 480-483-2604

rlevy@primusrx.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service