I will be attending my very first IEP for Aiden. Aiden is 3 and I want to make sure I cover everything I can with them, to get him the intervention and supervision he needs. Any advice is welcome.

Views: 202

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jessica, I hope your first IEP meeting went well. I have found the therapists and those involved to be very helpful and concerned about making the right choices for the children they see. My son (8) is due for his iep renewal this year. Hoping that goes smoothly!
I think the most important part of IEP is to require entire staff to be educated regarding what DMD is. The staff needs to make sure that they provide meetings and emails with the description of your child's diagnosis. When they have a better understanding of DMD is there is a platform for you as a parent to guide others into learning how to care for your child in a school environment with a sense of teamwork right from the start. Our children's education is the most important and it is our responsibility as parents to advocate for our children to get all the benefits as other students

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service