OK so I'm a 25 year old single mother. I am terrified of the future because I know that Mj is only going to get heavier and weaker. I have little experience in caring for a dependent adult. Granted he's only seven now and easy to lift, carry, maneuver. But what about when I am no longer to do these things by myself. Is there any prep courses or classes that I taketake? I was thinking that I should get cna certified or somethin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My advice is to slow down. Take one day at a time. Each stage will be different and have its own struggles. They will build on one another, preparing you for the next stage. By the time your child reaches adulthood, you will have grown and matured and be a pro. I would not worry about how you are going to handle the adult stages. You will drive yourself crazy! Stay in the here and now. I know it's scary and you can't imagine how you will handle it, but you will. My son is now 17, I understand! Don't worry your days away. Stay in the moment. I hope this helps. I know it's not easy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service