When I picked up Max from daycare on Friday, I noticed he was limping. He was happy as could be and when I asked him if his legs hurt, he said no.  He seemed fine this weekend and was quite active with his sister and cousins. I mentioned the limp to his teacher this morning, and she just called to say, now that I mention it, they've noticed that Max has seemed to tire really easily for the past couple of days and is spending more time sitting/laying around. They also said he tripped and fell two or three times today, just walking around (wasn't tripped up by a toy or friend). I should add that this weekend, he developed a bit of a runny nose and cough.

Is it possible that he is declining already? He seems so little for that. Maybe the bug he caught is just making him tired. I put a call into Dr. Wong's nurse to see if she advises a visit to our pediatrician.

I was really devastated when I saw him limping on Friday.  Of course I know his diagnosis and the fact that these problems will develop, but it just killed me to think it's starting already. I guess I felt we would have a little more time without symptoms.

Views: 276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Joshua had the same symptoms at this age. He is almost 8 now. Once these symptoms started to show, within a week or two, he started receiving physiotherapy, his "bedtime boots" were made, and steroids & supplements started soon after as well. The biggest lesson we had him learn was to "Listen to your body." When it tells you to stop... stop, for example.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service