hi all, we want to drive someplace close to an accessible beach. we will need a beach wheelchair and an accessible hotel. we live in vermont and are thinking maine or the cape...any suggestions? thanks!

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can call the local fire department and reserve a beach wheelchair. All the beaches we have gone to have them. They delivered it to the beach access area.
wow, that sounds great karen we will give it a try
I also believe that you could talk to the life guards as well. When we were in Destin, Florida, we asked the life guard and he radio it into the fire dept and they delivered the chair to the beach access area that had a ramp. Hope this helps. have a nice trip.
thanks, i will call in advance to find the best beach and see about reserving a chair. austin has not been to a beach in years and is so looking forward to it

Karen Jones said:
I also believe that you could talk to the life guards as well. When we were in Destin, Florida, we asked the life guard and he radio it into the fire dept and they delivered the chair to the beach access area that had a ramp. Hope this helps. have a nice trip.
Jenn,

Email me - I have connections to the Wentworth, The Samoset, Bar Harbor and The Sagamore Resorts...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service