Hi,
Has any one heard about recruitment for exon skipping 53?
The below link mentions about it.
http://www.dmdregistry.org/recruitment.jsp
Thanks,
Amrit

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like the recruitment is a form of "prequalifying". But FANTASTIC news for those needing to skip 53 and wonderful to the ears of us who won't benefit from it. Thank you for sending this one to us. I'd enroll if I lived in the UK!!

cheryl
My son needs skipping of 53. Dr. Wong told us that it was already created along with the few others that they are moving towards doing (she told us last year). I am staying positive, as Kelvin and our friend Diego needs the same exon skipping of 53. We know it will still be years, but we are hopeful. The reports from the company list the ones that will come along and 53 is one of them on the list. Michelle
Amrit - Thanks for the notification. I wasn't aware that the recruitment was for 51 and 53. However, correct me if I am wrong - that when there is a recruitment - that the country that it takes place in - that the candidates are usually limited to the country that they are in. So, unless you live in UK, you are screwed.

Help me out with another item. If I have a son with duplication from 54-57 - then we'd have to skip 53-58. Is that correct? Then, what is the exact % of dystrophin that makes one able to function at a higher level? I think it is 10%?

Char Burke
Char, I don't know about duplications, but here is what AVI is working with, I believe, somewhat in the order below with more frequent deletions. These are the only ones that they have listed at the current time, at least that I can find. I believe they are working with or will soon with 50, 51, 44, and 53. That is all I could find for the current or future at this time (at least through news releases, recruiments, etc.). 53 is only listed in recruitments at this time. Hopefully, the legal process will come about that not every exon skipping will need tested individually. Only time will tell. Michelle

The relationship between exon skipping and the DMD deletions is shown below for some of the more frequent deletions in DMD

Exon skipped Repaired Deletions
51 45-50, 47-50, 48-50, 49-50, 50, 52
50 51, 51-53, 51-55
45 12-44, 18-44, 44, 46-47, 46-48, 46-49, 46-51, 46-53, 46-55
53 10-52, 45-52, 46-52, 47-52, 48-52, 49-52, 50-52, 52
44 10-43, 19-43, 30-43, 35-43, 36-43, 40-43, 42-43, 45, 45-54
8 4-7, 5-7, 6-7, 3-7,
55 47-54, 48-54, 49-54, 50-54, 52-54, 54, 56, 56-62
7 2-6,8-11, 8-17, 8-43, 8-45
52 53, 53-55, 53-57, 53-59, 53-60
17 12-16, 18, 18-20, 18-22, 18-25, 18-27, 18-29, 18-33, 18-36, 18-38, 18-41, 18-44
Is anything being done for exon 52? I see articles and news releases for 51 and 53 everywhere? Can anyone direct me in the direction of web sites of who is doing these????

Thanks!

Landon's Mom - JoAnne

Kelvinsmom - Michelle said:
Char, I don't know about duplications, but here is what AVI is working with, I believe, somewhat in the order below with more frequent deletions. These are the only ones that they have listed at the current time, at least that I can find. I believe they are working with or will soon with 50, 51, 44, and 53. That is all I could find for the current or future at this time (at least through news releases, recruiments, etc.). 53 is only listed in recruitments at this time. Hopefully, the legal process will come about that not every exon skipping will need tested individually. Only time will tell. Michelle

The relationship between exon skipping and the DMD deletions is shown below for some of the more frequent deletions in DMD

Exon skipped Repaired Deletions
51 45-50, 47-50, 48-50, 49-50, 50, 52
50 51, 51-53, 51-55
45 12-44, 18-44, 44, 46-47, 46-48, 46-49, 46-51, 46-53, 46-55
53 10-52, 45-52, 46-52, 47-52, 48-52, 49-52, 50-52, 52
44 10-43, 19-43, 30-43, 35-43, 36-43, 40-43, 42-43, 45, 45-54
8 4-7, 5-7, 6-7, 3-7,
55 47-54, 48-54, 49-54, 50-54, 52-54, 54, 56, 56-62
7 2-6,8-11, 8-17, 8-43, 8-45
52 53, 53-55, 53-57, 53-59, 53-60
17 12-16, 18, 18-20, 18-22, 18-25, 18-27, 18-29, 18-33, 18-36, 18-38, 18-41, 18-44
If your son has exon 52 deleted, he needs skipping of exon 51 as indicated in the chart above, so he is in line for current testing. Michelle
This is what I am confused about...I thought if 52 was the one "deleted" or missing, they woudl skip from 51 to 53, hence skipping over 52. You and one other person has both told me they would skip 51 but if they do that, wouldn't that make it go to 52 which is not there??? Sorry to be a little "dumb" about this...I guess I am a little confused with it. Thank you so much for helping me get a grasp on this...Take care

JoAnne

Kelvinsmom - Michelle said:
If your son has exon 52 deleted, he needs skipping of exon 51 as indicated in the chart above, so he is in line for current testing. Michelle
This explains how exon skipping works: http://www.actionduchenne.org/duchennepedia/article/15/exon-skipping


JoAnne Hathcoat said:
This is what I am confused about...I thought if 52 was the one "deleted" or missing, they woudl skip from 51 to 53, hence skipping over 52. You and one other person has both told me they would skip 51 but if they do that, wouldn't that make it go to 52 which is not there??? Sorry to be a little "dumb" about this...I guess I am a little confused with it. Thank you so much for helping me get a grasp on this...Take care

JoAnne

Kelvinsmom - Michelle said:
If your son has exon 52 deleted, he needs skipping of exon 51 as indicated in the chart above, so he is in line for current testing. Michelle
52 isn't there because it is deleted. So, by skipping 51, the connection of 50 fits into 53.


JoAnne Hathcoat said:
This is what I am confused about...I thought if 52 was the one "deleted" or missing, they woudl skip from 51 to 53, hence skipping over 52. You and one other person has both told me they would skip 51 but if they do that, wouldn't that make it go to 52 which is not there??? Sorry to be a little "dumb" about this...I guess I am a little confused with it. Thank you so much for helping me get a grasp on this...Take care

JoAnne

Kelvinsmom - Michelle said:
If your son has exon 52 deleted, he needs skipping of exon 51 as indicated in the chart above, so he is in line for current testing. Michelle
Amrit,
ICE project has called out the saturation of studies with 51 and their intent to work with 53 or 46.

ICE report was published on PPMD findings and their next meeting is on 23 January 2010. My kid needs to skip 51 but I am personally very intrested in the ICE approach since this one promises the reduce the long term side effects along with evaluatiing any off site impact by a exon skipping drug.

-Tulika

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service