Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Gala for August 2011 (Philadelphia metropolitan area)

Hi all! 
My name is Morgan Eisenberg and I am a 20 year old student of Rutgers University.  With the help of some of my wonderful friends & PPMD's outreach director, Ryan Fisher, I am currently planning a Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Gala for August of 2011 to benefit PPMD.  The event will be held at the Collingswood Ballroom, and our tentative date is Saturday, August 27th.  The Gala will consist of a silent auction, live auction, food & drinks, live entertainment, and a fund-a-cure drive.  Currently, we are looking for auction item donations and sponsors, so if you have any advice in this area, would be interested in volunteering, or if you or someone you know would like to donate an item, please contact me at DMDGala@gmail.com.  I can also be reached at (609) 284-2617.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  We're doing pretty well so far in the planning process, but we could definitely use help. (By the way, we have not sent out our auction item request letters yet, but have already received an autographed John LeClair hockey puck and a certificate from WMMR's Preston & Steve for a day in the studio with them!  Thanks, Patti Manis and WMMR for your donations!)
Sincerely,
Morgan Eisenberg

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Morgan, I am a grandmother of a four year grandson with duchenne. I live in Miami , Florida. My grandson lives in Houston. I would like to help to support your gala. I have a brother who is a botanist and curator with the New York Botanical Gardens. Perhaps he could secure a silent auction item of a behind the scenes tour of the Gardens or something along those lines. I have several cousins and friends in New Jersey who could possibly attend and support the cause. I was in Washington DC. last Feb. to lobby for duchenne. I met Ryan Fischer there. I am planning a 5k walk/run for Feb. 2011 in Miami. Let me know if I can be of help. My number is 305-554-5744. My email is harrietmeermann@yahoo.com If possible I would attend the Gala. Harriet Meermann
Harriet,
I just tried to send you an email and it is saying that the email address you listed isn't a valid email address. Is my computer just messing up?
I hope to talk to you soon! I'm very excited to hear from you.
Sincerely,
Morgan

Harriet Meermann said:
Morgan, I am a grandmother of a four year grandson with duchenne. I live in Miami , Florida. My grandson lives in Houston. I would like to help to support your gala. I have a brother who is a botanist and curator with the New York Botanical Gardens. Perhaps he could secure a silent auction item of a behind the scenes tour of the Gardens or something along those lines. I have several cousins and friends in New Jersey who could possibly attend and support the cause. I was in Washington DC. last Feb. to lobby for duchenne. I met Ryan Fischer there. I am planning a 5k walk/run for Feb. 2011 in Miami. Let me know if I can be of help. My number is 305-554-5744. My email is harrietmeermann@yahoo.com If possible I would attend the Gala. Harriet Meermann
Morgan, Just read your email. Sorry so late in reading it. My email is meermannharriet@yahoo.com Hope it works this time. I talked to my brother and he said he would gladly do that for the silent auction. I am promoting the Coach to Cure. If you see the video my grandson is the first picture to appear. Please contact me. We have to do all we can for our boys. Harriet Meermann

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service