Dr. Diana Escolar and Dr. Kathryn Wagner ~ looking for good quality care for your son? Here's a dynamic team!

Dear Families, Friends and Colleagues,

I've signed a contract with Kennedy Krieger Institute in Baltimore and will start seeing patients again on a part time basis at their new Center for Inherited Muscle Disorders. Depending on how long it takes to obtain my Maryland license, my first clinic will be once a month (on Fridays) starting probably late November or December.
Dr. Kathryn Wagner is the director of the Center, and has started seeing patients in July. At this new Muscle Clinic, patients will be evaluated by a Neurologist, PT, OT, social worker and coordinated appointments can be made for the same day as needed to see the Physiatrist, Orthopedist, Cardiologist, Pulmonologist, and nutritionist, all within the Institute or across the street at John Hopkins Med. Ctr.

Kennedy Krieger Institute (http://www.kennedykrieger.org/index.jsp) is affiliated to John Hopkins University, just across the street from the JH Medical Center. It is an internationally recognized facility for children with disabilities and genetic disorders. It recently opened a new building where the Muscle Clinic is located...it is amazing!! It has a therapy garden with all kind of different surfaces for evaluation of ambulation and other outdoor life activities, a kitchen and bathroom for OT and PT evaluations, a fantastic Aquatic Therapy pool with underwater treadmills and video capacity, so you can take a DVD with you to show your local PTs what you did and needs to be worked out. It also has a supervised waiting room, with a Wii, easy access and valet parking for patients, an education room and more.

Dr. Kathryn Wagner (full time) and myself (part time) will be seeing patients. We are also committed to bringing exciting clinical trials for our patients to participate, while we continue to strive in delivering aggressive diagnosis and treatment for neuromuscular disorders. As both, Dr. Wagner and myself are adult neurologists, and the Institute has broaden its patients population, we will also evaluate and follow up adult patients (no age limit to 18 or 21!), which makes a great transition place for our patients.

Although I am not in the "system" yet, you can call Jean Smoot at 443-923-9412, have them ask for an appointment in the Muscle Clinic and make a note that it is to see Dr. Escolar whenever I start my first clinic. Then, as soon as they know my starting clinic date, the will call patients in the order they have registered in this list and will start filling up the slots. I will be seeing 4 to 5 patients on a half day on Fridays, once a month. As many of you have already asked, I know the first couple of months will quickly fill up. But if we need to, I can add a second clinic day per month.
In the mean time, you can start gathering copies of your records, especially neuromuscular evaluations, genetic testing, muscle biopsies, to bring with you on the first day.

I have missed you and am happy we might be back in touch.

With warm regards,

Diana Escolar

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dr. Escolar! My two sons were patients of yours in 2005 and I must say, we've been to clinics in Oklahoma City, OK, Jackson, MS, Dallas, TX, Temple Tx, and have yet to find a clinic of your calliber (this was at the D.C. Children's Hosp). Wish so much we could still be in D.C.!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service