My son has been on Deflazacort for almost a year now and we have noticed that he is growing an abundance of hair on his body, especially his back. He is not even 4 yet. Is this one of the side effects? TIA!

Views: 289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's not permanent but there's alway's waxing too. Ouch!!!!
Thanks all. Maybe I will ask the doctors the next time I go. I'm sure they won't have more than you all listed, but, it is worth a shot. Kelvin has dark black hair, the reason his shows up so much already at age 6. By they way, that mitt advertised on TV does work for face, legs, etc., but, again, it would only be temporary. I have it, it is only like $10.00 or so at stores. I'm not sure if Kelvin would let me use it on him. Also, I just hate to get started on something like that. If kids continue to tease, etc. I will. Michelle
We have also noticed hair growth on Brandon's back and on his pubic area? He is 6 years old and luckily a red head, so the hair is light and not noticable. Julie
My son just truned 6. I noticed the hair on his back not long after startng deflazacort. He also has growth on the back and sides of his neck, and pubic area. I asked his endocrinologist about it and she said not to worry since it was not pubic hair.

Julie Hathaway said:
We have also noticed hair growth on Brandon's back and on his pubic area? He is 6 years old and luckily a red head, so the hair is light and not noticable. Julie

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service