Dear all,

Sorry of my bad English, but I'm very exhausted of waiting the DNA test.

My son have 4 times test of CPK, the result are very different, first time is 5328, second is only 76 (as normal person) but the third is 1320, and the fourth is 2630. It almost make me crazy.

And my older brother died of Duchenne. But my son can walk very early as 10-months old, now, he can easily to climb up the stair and chair.

Next week, I will receive the result of DNA test. But in last 3 weeks, I can not sleep.

CPK of Duchenne can be around 5000 to 1000, can be go down as normal person?????

I'm too nervous everyday.

Views: 2926

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

And now, my son is 16 months old. Pls reply me!!!
We only had one test done on each of our sons and they were both well over 10,000.

I think anything over 150 is very suspicious, especially into the thousands.

Hopefully in your case its not DMD.
My son's CPK varied, but was always over 10,000 (he was over age 8 when it was tested). My son walked early and we had no suspicion there was anything amiss until he was 4 or 5.

Try to message Ofelia Marin - her son was diagnosed very young and could tell you what kind of CPK levels are seen with infants.

Best of luck to you.

Keith Van Houten said:
My son's CPK varied, but was always over 10,000 (he was over age 8 when it was tested). My son walked early and we had no suspicion there was anything amiss until he was 4 or 5.

Try to message Ofelia Marin - her son was diagnosed very young and could tell you what kind of CPK levels are seen with infants.

Our youngest was diagnosed at about 4 months and I believe was tested around 14,000.

Kians was 21,000.  Than 13,000.  It is always different. 

My son's was 2500 at birth, 8000 at 3 months and 20000 at 8 months. I doubt your son has DMD (b/c he had normal or close to normal readings, what age was the 5000 reading?) unless something else is going on.

You said that he is doing stairs at 16 months...is he using his hands at all? This sounds very advanced for any child,

Of course, my son uses hand to hold the handrail when climb up the stairs.

We did the first CPK in last November with 5328, my doctor recommended do CPK again, 2 days later, CPK test is 76 (as normal person), 2 weeks later the second is 1360, then 2 days later the fourth is 2630. So fourth CPK did in 1 month

Ofelia Marin said:

My son's was 2500 at birth, 8000 at 3 months and 20000 at 8 months. I doubt your son has DMD (b/c he had normal or close to normal readings, what age was the 5000 reading?) unless something else is going on.

You said that he is doing stairs at 16 months...is he using his hands at all? This sounds very advanced for any child,

Means all of CPK tests are in 16 months old

Nguyen Van Anh said:

We did the first CPK in last November with 5328, my doctor recommended do CPK again, 2 days later, CPK test is 76 (as normal person), 2 weeks later the second is 1360, then 2 days later the fourth is 2630. So fourth CPK did in 1 month

Ofelia Marin said:

My sons CK at 12 months was 16000, but it also ranged to 8500 aswell in the 2 weeks prior.

There are a number of other causes that can elevate CK such as a viral infection.

I seriously doubt that your son has DMD. I am confident that our sons never have normal CK test results.

Nguyen Van Anh said:

Means all of CPK tests are in 16 months old

Nguyen Van Anh said:

Ofelia Marin said:

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service