Hi everybody! My name is Luke, and I live in Austin, Texas. I don't have MD, and i don't have any kids. So obviously, I'm kinda on the outside looking in. I'm training flor my third marathon this year, and I decided to put in the effort towards something bigger than myself. I'd LOVE to hear from anyone who'd like to share their stories about MD. I'm learning more and more every day, and hoping that I could even become pen pals with some of you or your sons. I'm the oldest of 4 boys, so I know the game a little :) I have a TON of fundraising ideas, but i need your help! Please don't be a stranger

Running takes a lot of strength, but you guys are WAY stronger than me...God bless.

Luke

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Luke!! Thank you for taking an interest in our boys. I'm a mom to 3 children, Abigail (10), Jake (7) & Sam (7). Sam is my son with Duchenne. He was diagnosed just before his 3rd birthday. We currently live in Montgomery, TX (just NW of Houston), but I was born and raised in Temple.

I am also training for a marathon. I've previously participated in two half marathons, so this is my first full. I will be running the 2010 Walt Disney World marathon with Run for Our Sons. If you haven't already, please check it out. I believe the deadline for registration is this month.
Hey Luke,

I don't run marathons and would be proud to have you run in behalf of our DMD boys. Just let me know when you are going to start. Like Laurie said check the PPMD marathons here at the site. I will have my son Alexander (11 years old and would give ANYTHING to run) watch you go!! I know he would be extremely pleased!!
Luke,
You are so welcome here. I am the mom of an 9 y/o old with DMD. We live in S. OR. You will only find love and gratitude on this site. I would also be so proud to have you run for our sons.
Hi Luke, welcome aboard, glad to have you here. Accept my friend request and we can exchange messages off the board.

Keith
Dad to 10 year old with DMD
Michigan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service