Hello everyone,

My son Alex, age 14, has bloody stools and is having a colonoscopy and endoscopy next week.

I am reaching out to any other parents whose boys have bloody stools and/or the same proceedures.

He is currently taking 30 mg of delflazacort daily.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks, Mandy

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You might want to get in touch with Karen Twede (Pacific NW family). 

Katherine

Thanks...........do you have her contact information ?

Mandy
Katherine M. Reynoldson said:

You might want to get in touch with Karen Twede (Pacific NW family). 

Katherine

Hi Mandy,

Sorry about that I should have given it to you earlier...she is on this community site if you search members under the name Karen, she is female (obviously) and lives in Burlington,WA.  If you have trouble locating her let me know and i will ask her if it is ok to give you her email address.

Best,

Katherine

Hi Katherine,

I searched members and nothing came up, I am sorry to be a bother but if you could send me her email information I would be very grateful.

Also, could you fill me in on what exactly I should ask her, not sure what her experience with my sons situation might be.

Thanks very much,

Mandy

Katherine M. Reynoldson said:

Hi Mandy,

Sorry about that I should have given it to you earlier...she is on this community site if you search members under the name Karen, she is female (obviously) and lives in Burlington,WA.  If you have trouble locating her let me know and i will ask her if it is ok to give you her email address.

Best,

Katherine

Hi Mandy,

If you click on the Meet other members text on the home page it will take to you a search for members page.  Once there just type in the name Karen and she should pop right up.  There are many Karen's so look for the one from Burlington, WA.  Karen has a son with DMD who had similar issues as your son seems to be experiencing...don't know if it is the same but thought she might be able to share their experiences.  Hope this helps.  Will also email her to see if it is ok for me to give you her email address. 

Regards,

Katherine

Hi Mandy

Karen from Burlington here.  My son started having diareah (sp) with bloody stool when he was 11 years old.  We spent 6 weeks in the hospital trying to get it under control.  He was diagnosed with ulcerated colitus.  This doesn't have anything to do with dmd, but the choices we made were with dmd on the mind.  My e-mail is twede@fidalgo.net if you want to contact me.  Best wishes for finding an easy fix to this problem.  FYI steroids are used to control colitus and chrones disease.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service