We will be spending time at the beach this year and although Lukey (7) is able to walk from the water to the house it is uphill, a distance and very tiring. Does anyone know where we could purchase a wagon or something similar that would pull through beach sand? He will not have anything to do with a stroller type at this stage and he is getting heavy to carry--especially for Grandma. Thank you so much for any info you might have. Joanne

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, we RV and last year we beach hopped to Key West via Ft Myers, Daytona, & Virginia Beach. We live in Canada, so
we had to have it shipped from Florida. If you type in Beach Wheelchairs on the Internet you will find all kinds of shapes
and sizes. Our son is 15yr so he did not want anything that looked like a wheelchair. So we got the big Beach Chair
with umbrella. We get comments everywhere we go. The down side is that it is soooo big, we had to build a carrier on
the back of the RV just for it. It is not transportable by car. There is a fella in California that will sell just the big wheels
in a kit. I have seen those on wagons and people pulling them on the beach. Wheeleez and Rolleeze, I think they were called. A lot of your beachs in the States offer free use of their beach chairs through their fire Depts or Life Guard stations. Good place to have a look at one. I noticed some of our Provincial Parks in Canada have them now.
Hope that helps Joanne.
Cindy
cindy curr said:
Hi, we RV and last year we beach hopped to Key West via Ft Myers, Daytona, & Virginia Beach. We live in Canada, so
we had to have it shipped from Florida. If you type in Beach Wheelchairs on the Internet you will find all kinds of shapes
and sizes. Our son is 15yr so he did not want anything that looked like a wheelchair. So we got the big Beach Chair
with umbrella. We get comments everywhere we go. The down side is that it is soooo big, we had to build a carrier on
the back of the RV just for it. It is not transportable by car. There
is a fella in California that will sell just the big wheels
in a kit. I have seen those on wagons and people pulling them on the
beach. Wheeleez and Rolleeze, I think they were called. A lot of your
beachs in the States offer free use of their beach chairs through their
fire Depts or Life Guard stations. Good place to have a look at one. I
noticed some of our Provincial Parks in Canada have them now.
Hope that helps Joanne.
Cindy
Hi Cindy---Thank you so very very much for the info--it is so appreciated and I will find out about it right away---Thank you again and enjoy the rest of the summer---Joanne

cindy curr said:
the back of the RV just for it. It is not transportable by car. There
is a fella in California that will sell just the big wheels
in a kit. I have seen those on wagons and people pulling them on the
beach. Wheeleez and Rolleeze, I think they were called. A lot of your
beachs in the States offer free use of their beach chairs through their
fire Depts or Life Guard stations. Good place to have a look at one. I
noticed some of our Provincial Parks in Canada have them now.
Hope that helps Joanne.
Cindy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service