Does anyone know the dates and location?

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it is going to be in Atlanta, GA and is usually around the middle of June Thur-Sunday....not sure of exact dates....email Kim or Ryan, they will tell you....
in atlanta, june 25-28
I'm new to PPMD and this sounds like an opportunity to get valuable info. Does anyone have anymore details about Atlanta? Where? Hotels/motels near? Registration info? Format?
Laurie
Laurie,
This is the first year the conference has been in Atlanta, so I don't know much about the venue, but this will be my 5th year and I recommend it highly. Experts-researchers, doctors, therapists, etc, present the newest findings in the research for treatment, therapies, care standards for our boys and are accessible to us parents in a way that you won't experience anywhere else. I have had the chance to meet and develop ongoing relationships with the people most important to the future of my son. Besides the formal presentations there are break-out sessions with topics such as physical therapy, home remodeling, school issues at various ages/stages, and discussion panels with boys/young men with Duchenne, just to name a few. The best thing for me about the conference is getting the opportunity to be with other parents who are going through the same thing that we go through and feeling like I can just be myself with them. I can't say enough good things about the conferences! Kelli

Laurie Barton said:
I'm new to PPMD and this sounds like an opportunity to get valuable info. Does anyone have anymore details about Atlanta? Where? Hotels/motels near? Registration info? Format?
Laurie
I'm new to this site as well. Where can we register for the conference in June? Thank you.

Julie Hathaway
Kelli Miller said:
Laurie,
This is the first year the conference has been in Atlanta, so I don't know much about the venue, but this will be my 5th year and I recommend it highly. Experts-researchers, doctors, therapists, etc, present the newest findings in the research for treatment, therapies, care standards for our boys and are accessible to us parents in a way that you won't experience anywhere else. I have had the chance to meet and develop ongoing relationships with the people most important to the future of my son. Besides the formal presentations there are break-out sessions with topics such as physical therapy, home remodeling, school issues at various ages/stages, and discussion panels with boys/young men with Duchenne, just to name a few. The best thing for me about the conference is getting the opportunity to be with other parents who are going through the same thing that we go through and feeling like I can just be myself with them. I can't say enough good things about the conferences! Kelli

Laurie Barton said:
Laurie
This is all I found on the website: http://www.parentprojectmd.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ending_atte...

I am sure you can get more information from emailing ryan@parentprojectmd.org

Ang :)
Thanks for your suggestions.
I emailed Ryan, but haven't heard anything yet. 2009 details aren't on the website. I wondered if everyone is focused on the 2009 Advocacy Conference this week. I'm hoping we'll get details when they get back. Can we form round table discussions on different topics? I'm not sure about the format. It sounds really exciting, Kelli.
Laurie

Angela said:
This is all I found on the website: http://www.parentprojectmd.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ending_atte...

I am sure you can get more information from emailing ryan@parentprojectmd.org

Ang :)
Hi Lori,
I haven't heard back from Ryan, yet. What is Kim's last name?

Lori Ware said:
it is going to be in Atlanta, GA and is usually around the middle of June Thur-Sunday....not sure of exact dates....email Kim or Ryan, they will tell you....
They were in DC the early part of next week. Email him again...or call the main office, they can tell you...
Laurie Barton said:
Hi Lori,
I haven't heard back from Ryan, yet. What is Kim's last name?

Lori Ware said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service