In the fall, my mom's co-workers have begun organizing a fundraiser for us to be able to get treatment for Riley in Cincy with Dr. Wong. I however, want to donate half of all our proceeds to PPMD. I hope I can do this!? The fundraiser is going to be a 'Family Fun Day' where we will sell food, have 'rides' for the kids, bands will play and there will be a silent auction (GREAT stuff like a fiddle autographed by Charlie Daniels!). I would like to put up a slide show that includes pictures, information about DMD, and information about PPMD. I have seen slide shows that other parents have done and they are wonderful! I am asking for your permission to put a picture of your child in the slide show. I want people to see all of the boys they will be helping by donating money to PPMD. If you'll let me use a picture, please send me a comment. Thanks!!
Rhi

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I started working on my slide show! I have a movie making program on my computer that has made it pretty easy. I have been able to copy pictures directly from this site with the exception of profile pictures. Adding music has been difficult because all of my music is from itunes and I can't download it into any other program....any suggestions? Anyway, thank you to everyone that has replied and allowed me to use pictures of their boys!!! I would love to have pictures of every child on here, but I won't add anything without permission. Since all of the pictures I include have been approved by parents, I will post the slide on this site when I am done and anyone else wanting to use it can. I am not sure if a video can be copied or downloaded from the site, so if need be I can email it also. It will probably be some time before I am finished, but I am working a little at a time daily. It will be lengthy because we will play it constantly at the fundraiser (loop it) and I want plenty of pics and I want each child to have their 'spotlight'! Thanks again!!!!!!

Rhi
Rhiannon,
You're welcome to use my pictures, too.
Dear Rhiannon

You have our permission to use our sons in your effort to raise funds. It is so encouraging the energy that goes into the families who as I have read and see here and in general, have the most beautiful children, they are all so beautiful.

Good luck with the event, I hope you acheive your funds.
Regards
Colin
Hi Rhiannon,
I'm a little late in getting in on this, but please feel free to use pics of Jake if you need more. I am hoping to do something similar for an upcoming fundraiser we are hosting, so I would love to see yours when you finish. Just curious what movie-making program you are using? Best of luck!
Emily
I'm australian, but my son is a dmd sufferer. feel free to use any pics of him. if you need emailed copies, let me know.
Hello,

Let me know if you need any more pictures. My son is 16 years old.

Julie
Sacramento, CA
Ditto to the others, you may use our pictures. let me know if you need them sent seperately. Good luck with your fundraiser.

Ric
I am not sure if you are still working on the slide show, but I would love for you to use a picture of Ryan. All of our boys are adorable!!! Everyone needs to see that DMD boys deserve a chance!! Can you use pictures from the PPMD pages? I would love to see the finished slide show!!!

Thanks ,
jen

Emily,
I have an Acer with Vista and it came with Windows Movie Maker. Works great!!! Super easy (once I figured it out) and I can easily change and manipulate things. The only thing I haven't tried yet is to publish it and therefore I'm not sure how it will work when I try to upload it onto this site or email it out???

J's mom said:

Hi Rhiannon,
I'm a little late in getting in on this, but please feel free to use pics of Jake if you need more. I am hoping to do something similar for an upcoming fundraiser we are hosting, so I would love to see yours when you finish. Just curious what movie-making program you are using? Best of luck!
Emily
Thanks to everyone still replying!! I am still working on my slide show (shows actually...I'll explain). I am in no hurry yet, because we have had to push the fundraiser back. I am working on a fairly long slide show that will include numerous pictures of our boys, a lot of information, and a few songs. I am doing this because our fundraiser is a 'Family Day' event and I want the slide show to run continuously, therefore needing to be more varied. I will also try to put together a shorter version (like other parents have) to send out via email and so forth for awareness and fundraising. Thanks again to everyone that has replied!! I am so excited that it keeps growing! If I forget to put anyone's pictures in PLEASE let me know (when I post it) since I have gotten email responses apart from this page...and I'm not great at keeping things organized. Right now I have been using pictures that are posted on this site but if anyone wants to send them via email, my address is rhinsu@hotmail.com.
How can we email you a photograph of our son Dale?
You have my permission to use Bradley's pictures.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service