OK, I have worked in the non-profit sector for a few years now and in the past I have organized and chaired fundraising events for various organizations. I actually LOVE doing this. Family and friends in our community have begun starting fund raisers for us to be able to go to Cincy for treatment. I am pretty much chairing these events too. I am at a cross-road now professionally and I would love to start my own organization to raise funds for PPMD, MD research, medical funding for families, and free grief counseling (I am a counselor and am working on a certification in Grief Therapy). I know many of you are already doing this kind of work and I don't want to 'reinvent the wheel.' I do need an income (we are not wealthy folk) and I will eventually be self-employed (in about a year and a half or so when I begin private practice therapy?) However, what can I do now?? Where should I start? And help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rhiannon,

PPMD could REALLY use corporate sponsors. If for some reason you find that aspect of fundraising rewarding I would encourage giving it a try. Major employers in your area are good targets for becoming a sponsor or wealthy individuals. Also, you could find a list of organizations from your local Chamber of Commerce. No doubt some on that list already have funds available for this type of donation. You can ask Kimberly G. for assistance, she is extremely helpful. Currently I am working up a list to target in SoCal and plan to start knocking on doors at the beginning of next year. I would love to hear what you decide to do, it would be fun to do this together only in different places.

cheryl
Cheryl,
Thanks so much for your reply!!!! I will definatly talk with Kimberly. Let me know how it's going on your end and I'll be sure to keep you posted as well!

Rhi

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2022   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service