Suggestions for improvement - new PPMD Community website

Offering some constructive feedback to PPMD on the new design...

For those that haven't worked with this type of thread structure before, post each suggestion as a reply to this original message. If you want to comment on a suggestion someone has made, post your comments as a reply to the post with the suggestion in it. It makes things easier to follow, particularly if the thread becomes long.

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This wont fix the Latest Activity info that gets displayed for the people who don't update their settings, but if you don't want people to see that you added new comments, friends, etc., then go to:

My Settings >> Privacy

At the bottom, you can uncheck what you don't people to see in the Latest Activity section of the Main page.

Which of your actions should display on Latest Activity?
o New content I add
x New comments I add
x New friends I add
x When I update my profile
o My events and my RSVPs
I do not know who watches this page but I personally wanted to say Thanks for listening to our suggestions. It does appear that some things have changed ( for the better). I noticed on main page no longer see who is friends with who and who replied to whom. Thanks!
HI everyone,
Thank you for being so proactive and helpful with this new site. Everyone has been great with suggestions and tips, we are trying to make changes as we go along. I am going to send a broadcast message to everyone about the help section of this site that lists FAQ's. It's very comprehensive and should answer many of the questions people have. THANK YOU everyone for contributing to the site, we are thrilled people are liking it.

To visit the FAQ's page go to the HELP link at the top navigation.
Ryan,
Suggestion...could our posts be listed in order from earliest to most recent...that way we don't have to skip to the last page to see newest info?
Rhiannon,

Instead of clicking on the topic name, click on the "Reply by [insert name here]" link and it will take you immediately to the end of that thread.

Might be nice to have the # of pages added under each topic as well, like it was on the old site. For example:

Thanks...I'm still learning!
I would love to see sub-forums. I think the discussion forum categories are too general and it makes reviewing the information difficult. By having some sub-forum categories (for example under Supplements have sub-forums for Protandim, CoQ10 etc...) I think ti would organize information easier, make the forums more readable and would be easier to find information.
The biggest thing I think is missing is the ability to send private messages. It appears that the way it's set up now you can only send private messages to people you're friends with. You can put a comment on their "My Page", but then everyone can see it.
Keith said:
The biggest thing I think is missing is the ability to send private messages. It appears that the way it's set up now you can only send private messages to people you're friends with. You can put a comment on their "My Page", but then everyone can see it.

I agree with you. There needs to be a way to send a private message. Not everyone wants to post their e-mail address so that someone can reply to them in private. A person can figure out a lot of information by following the posts back and forth if they want.
I agree!!! Information seems to get repeated because people don't where to look for a post and the topics are general.

Paul Johnson said:
I would love to see sub-forums. I think the discussion forum categories are too general and it makes reviewing the information difficult. By having some sub-forum categories (for example under Supplements have sub-forums for Protandim, CoQ10 etc...) I think ti would organize information easier, make the forums more readable and would be easier to find information.
This website is very "cool" but I preferred the old one. It was more clear and chronological.This one is also more time consuming and we do not have too much time . I am member of some Polish website , similarly " build" (but without pictures, videos , just plain text) and after a while is hard to find anything you interested to fallow up and whos respond is were and for which exactly subjeckt .Few people mentioned this here already.. Also too much red color here . I do not like that red. I thought that PPMD colors are blue and green.Sorry for my opinion . I am still appreciated for this site , we can help each other .
I like the individual webpages because you get to know people on a different level. The website itself for me is too time consuming and hard to navigate. I know I am missing out on information I could find in the old format a lot easier and quicker.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service