Post here if you see the Coach to Cure armbands or commercials on TV (or in person).

James Poysky noted that Ohio University was wearing the armbands last night on ESPN2.

West Virginia and Auburn have the armbands tonight on ESPN.

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Coach Tessell from the Ohio State Buckeyes opened his pre-game media conference yesterday with a promotion of Coach to Cure MD, and held up the armband for all to see...
Multiple coaches/staff from both teams are wearing armbands tonight during the Boise state and San Jose State game on the Duece. By the way, I got your email that you sent to Will. Nice idea. Probably tap you for more as we plan for next year...
I was just watching this game at the bar after work with my co-workers (extended going away happy hour) and saw the arm band. I took that opportunity to yell to anyone in the bar they need to pay attention to the arm band and text to donate!!! So I recommend hit the sports bar with a picture of your cute kid and recommend to anyone near by they pull out their cell phones for the cause!!!

James Poysky said:
Multiple coaches/staff from both teams are wearing armbands tonight during the Boise state and San Jose State game on the Duece. By the way, I got your email that you sent to Will. Nice idea. Probably tap you for more as we plan for next year...
Virginia Tech's got them on today. Someone on their football board said they noticed it in the Texas Tech game also.
Tressel at OSU is wearing the arm band. I don't think Paterno/ Penn State is wearing his. He is up in the press box so it's a little hard to tell.
We just got a message from Darrell's Mom that she was watching the Colorado Avalanche Hockey game on Fox Sports and saw the Coach for a Cure commercial. Guess we leaked into other sports besides football.

Ang :)
We were at the LSU v. GA game and was so disappointed. My daughter noticed the arm bands hanging from their belt loops like thier press passes. You could not see them at all. There was no notice of it at the game and my parents watching on TV said there was no notice on TV by either coach either. They could not see the armbands on TV either. This was after coach Les Miles PERSONALLY told me (I talked to him face to face about it) that they would do whatever they could. When the season is over (and by the way, for the fans,it basically is!!) I am going to send him a respectful email and let him know how dissapointed I was.
As for our Tailgate, it was great! We will post pics soon. We had about 30-40 people in attendance, we had a raffle from the Marriott in downtown New Orleans for 2 nights, tons of food and great fun! Hopefully next year if the date is set earlier, we can have a better spot to tailgate!
Lori
Lori, I thought I remembered seeing Georgia coaches wearing the armbands? I flipped through all the games looking for them. I was really disappointed to not see Texas wearing them. I am going to send a respectful e-mail to the coach asking why.

--Samantha
I was in the stands without binoculars, so I can't be positive as their shirts were white....BUT, from what I have heard from those who watched on TV (and one in stands with binoculars), they were hanging like press tags. That is actually what LSU told the PR firm they would do, so I think that GA was respecting LSU's decision since the game was at LSU. If someone knows otherwise, I would love to know! Thanks!
Lori

Samantha Dearing said:
Lori, I thought I remembered seeing Georgia coaches wearing the armbands? I flipped through all the games looking for them. I was really disappointed to not see Texas wearing them. I am going to send a respectful e-mail to the coach asking why.

--Samantha
My husband and family went to the U of WA and Notre Dame games. He saw the arm band....Our son Will Burke was in the last scene of the video....we emailed it to many, many and encouraged the texting.....Char Burke - in Seattle
We had friends at the Rutgers vs Pittsburg game and all the coaches had them on and were very visible. was not televised but we watched the game on verizon fios computer and saw them also.
did anyone see commercials???

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service